Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - SmartST V3 - SmartST 2005 Upgrade.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

SmartST V3 - SmartST 2005 Upgrade.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJ53
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Enuuge

Have been using my Navman ICN635 with the new 2005 software. And yes it does tell you to take the new Cross City Tunnel in Sydney when travelling from the Inner West to the other side of the city. It works both ways.

So far I have travelled about 1200kms since upgrading and as yet have not found a mistake.

The only problem that I have is that is stills shows some main roads as a dfiffernet name to some sign posts eg Emert Road and not Cumberland Highway.

Tony

Navman S300T
Build - 6.01.0101
BuildTime - 23/12/2008
SmartST 2009 - Navteq Australian Maps

Sydney Australia
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

larkshall,

It's been a 'bitch' of mine, for nearly a year now, in trying to get the details from Navman re the differences between each version that has been released in that period. Even now with differences that are highlighted by Navman between the SmartST v3 and SmartST 2005, it appears, to me, that most of them have already been incorporated in the PiN 300 version of SmartST v3 (all excepting extra features on maps etc). I now note that the Navman On-line Shops are referring to a SmartST 3.5. Now where does that fit into the equation.

Your comments re your unit of choice (iCN 510) just goes to show how we all perceive things differently. Having recently helped a friend get established with his iCN 510 I got frustrated with the unit (for no real reason) and was pleased to get back to my PiN 300 (PDA style). I suppose familiarity breeds contempt.

Best Regards,
Denis
SmartST 2009 - Australian Maps, Western & Eastern European Maps
cactusgreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dilemma wrote:
Why can you not just back them up using the utility in the Desktop software menu. This stores all of your POI's favourites etc. You can then restore them via the same utility.

Where is that option then Question I don't see it, and the update says I have the latest of everything.... What version do you have...
DGreen
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cactusgreen,

You will be unable to back-up with the SmartST v3 Desktop software as you already have obviously found out.

Navman advise that you install Activesync (download from MicroSoft web site) and utilise the following method to back-up your required files.

The following is a direct cut and paste from Navman support, and although they describe backing up of "favourites" you will be able to browse and select other files you wish to back up.

(139) How can I backup my favourites on my iCN 510 V3?

Content

Unfortunately there is no direct backup facility on the iCN 510 with SmartST V3. But there is always a way to make one :o)

To backup the files:

Connect your iCN 510 to your computer

Once connected, right click on the ActiveSync icon on the bottom right corner of your monitor, near the clock, and choose Explore

Go to "My Flash Disk"

Copy the files (but NOT the "Backup" folder)

Paste the files on your PC in a place that you will remember, like on the desktop

To restore the favorites on your iCN 510 V3:

Go on your PC to the place where you saved the backup files

Copy the files

Connect your iCN 510 to your computer

Once connected, right click on the ActiveSync icon on the bottom right corner of your monitor, near the clock, and choose Explore

Go to "My Flash Disk"

Paste the files.

Hopefully this will help you.

Best Regards,
Denis
SmartST 2009 - Australian Maps, Western & Eastern European Maps
cactusgreen
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...so a 2005 only option then Embarassed

We have a 520 in the office now, and I like some of the new features but miss some of the old Crying or Very sad Think I'll stick with V3, as there are no changes to the maps in my area....even now some of the roads are 4 years old 8O

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: