Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 Reactivation
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 Reactivation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:42 pm    Post subject: TT5 Reactivation Reply with quote

I have just upgraded my PDA to and iPaq hx2750, which has turned out to be a great machine, especially with loads of memory. This has meant of course reinstallation of TTN5 and thanks to problems with my previous PDA it has also meant Reactivation of TTN5.

Eight days ago, after trying their British Customer Suuport Line (with no success) I sent a request via their support system (on TT's Web Site).

Up to now NO SUCCESS. Crying or Very sad

What has been the situation for other Forum members?

God gave us the Integer, the rest was devised by man.
lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I can gather is that you get two activations of a tomtom product. If you use them, you can either wait for 6months and then re-activate or you can send a copy of your receipt (both tomtom and PDA) to them and they will issue a new code.

For their contact details, check out this thread:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=22671
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go for the phone number, they only start at 09:00HR UK time, so make sure your clock is accurate and put a call in 10 seconds after they switch on - I did the other week and it worked a trea, still had a 30-40 min on hold but I got through and got the anaswer to my question - Mike
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you did not document your code when first used. If you have installed your TTN in all the default locations, look in you documents folder on your PPC you will see a file called Tom Tom navigator, it has no icon or extension nor can you open it on you PPC. However if you copy it to your desktop and force it to open in notepad your activation code will be revealed. I have a back up of this file on my desktop for emergencys. Just re-enter the code and your away. Been having trouble lately (not TT) and had to re-install 5 or 6 times no bother when you have this code.
If not instaled in the defaults you will have to find it, better if you browse from a desktop and look for the .AXS file
Hope this helps. :D
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry forgot to mention. when using repeatedly you should not re-enter the code as this wont work after 2 I think. I copy the .AXS file back to My docs and this seems ok. TT must look for this file before running to validate itself or something.
iancjc
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when I had to replace my dell x50v - I just faxed them the online dell authorisation sheet with a copy of my registration card.

Had an email with 3 hours to say they had cancelled the original activation - I had all ready activated the new unit (with no problems) so am now allowed one further activation within 6 months - hope not to need it

I never bothered to call them just sent the fax direct with my email address etc on it.

To be honest I was pleasantly surprised wtith the response from tomtom - also from Dell who replaced the unit by courier within 22 hours of me calling the Indian call centre (and I have only the normal 1 year warrenty).
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this file I am meant to be looking for? I used the default location for installation but have no "documents" folder on my PPC and no file that matches your description anywhere.
Nemesis1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In windows look for the My Documents folder. The file is just called TomTom Navigator. If you browse it from a desktop it will have a .AXS extension.
deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Still Waiting Reply with quote

Further to my first post, I don't think the AXS method with an installation on a new PDA. Anyway I tried sending Faxes, but yesterday (Thursday). But I kept on getting the 'Line Busy' message.
This morning (Friday) I managed to get through on the phone after just 13 minutes holding. Then I had to sebd a fax which luckily went after about 6 minutes. But I still am awaiting a new Activation code.
Will keep you informed. But it still adds up to 10 days without Navigator.

deesoft
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reactication - hooray Reply with quote

After 12 days, I have a reactivation code. But hte funny thing is - that it is sent to my Non Existent Brother????

I am now seriously looking for sfoware that doesn't require activation.
Destinator Perhaps?

David

lupos0_1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The activation code should still work shouldn't it?

Problem with different software is that it just will not live up to Tomtom's standards and I wouldn't be surprised if you went back to tomtom after a week Rolling Eyes

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: