Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ICN520 Dash Mount
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ICN520 Dash Mount

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rando
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:05 pm    Post subject: ICN520 Dash Mount Reply with quote

Is there a dash mount kit available for the icn520 or is it a case of using the supplied windshield mount and buying a remote control. I am still in the process of deciding which car sat nav to purchase but one problem i can see is i will not be able to reach the unit very easily if fitted to the front screen. The only issue i have with the icn520 is that it doesn't support full postcode search but i presume this is not too much of a hassle. Just for info i am comparing the 520 against Garmin C310 & TTG300/500 so any user advice appreciated.
MadFrankie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only say that I've had no problems with a windscreen mount, as to be honest once the route is there I hardly touch it, however it's not too hard to reach should you want to...

As for the postcode thing, you don't need a full postcode search really, it gets you down to a street which you select then you can even enter a house number and it gets the exact location from that...

Hope that helps...
RonS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the Brodit.se website and also see the Brodit In-Car Mount Review in pocketgpsworld.com

Ron
shughie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have to agree with madfrankie. I have a Picasso and the windscreen is something I see in the distance. There is a little window at the side of the dash, so I put the screen mount there and it works fine and I can reach it easily if I want to.
Peet090
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHughie

I have a 520 and use a Brodit in car mount
RonS gives the website details
I find it is superb and the positioning far better than the windscreen mount

Peter
RonS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Brodit Passive Holder for my 510 that is attached to a Brodit Proclip. The latter is fitted to the lefthand edge of my dashboard below the radio/CD unit and can be seen and operated easily from the righthand driver's seat. My car is an S-type Jaguar with heated (wire type) front windscreen and I have no problem obtaining satellite locking. The only minor problem is the untidy power supply lead from the lighter socket.

Plus points with the Brodit cradle type holder are:

- Navman unit can be fitted and removed with the power lead connected (unlike the Navman holder)
- the holder is not as visible as the screen mount when the car is parked and therefore at less risk of vandalism or break-in attempts; even removing the Navman doesn't prevent this because many drivers are thought to leave it in the glove box
- doesn't fall off the screen in hot weather when the suction mount can fail

Ron
Noonster
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking on this site
- http://www.handnav.co.uk

Found the Brodit section
- http://www.handnav.co.uk/search_results.php?brand_only=true&st=Brodit

Which are the two (or one)mounts you have??

Cheers
Darren
RonS
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The parts ordered and fitted were:

Brodit Holder with Tilt/Swivel for Navman iCN 510 GPS Navigation System (215034)

Brodit Proclip / Car Bracket - Angled mount (652722-Jaguar S-Type 99-01))

The mount slips between the centre console and the side trim and is held in place by a combination of a wedge fit and double sided sticky pads. This presumably makes it possible to remove the mount (if required) without damaging the console or trim, while providing a secure attachment. In the position I have used, just below the slide-out cassette drawer, none of the air vents or control switches is obscured, except for the a/c auto switch. The main disadvantages are that the power lead from the cigar lighter is now too long and is difficult to keep tidy, and passengers with long legs knock the mount out of position.

Ron

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: