Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - set up
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

set up

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arthur Hart
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: set up Reply with quote

I have just purchased a tom tom 2 and a toshiba e350.

in trting to set up tom tom i have down loaded the latest drivers but i am now getting a warning saying "cannot determine location of data.Please re-install dara and/or application." What does this mean and what is my next step.? also when i did manage to launch tom tom & GPS the computer is so slow that i find i cannot complete any thing as every thing stops any ideas how i can i overcome these problems,thank you arthur
catken96
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: set up Reply with quote

Hi Arthur,

First a few Toshiba basics.If you are already familiar with them, my apologies. Tap"Start"--"Settings"--"System"--"Screen Light"--"External Power" and uncheck "Turn-off screen" box. Tap "Adjust Power Settings" at bottom of screen, as well as showing state of the battery there are 2 settings here to turn off the device. Make sure the box under "On External Power" is unchecked. This will stop the Tosh shutting down while it's in the cradle with the charger plugged in, and also when using it in the car. There is another utility accessed in the GPS screen to keep it awake when navigating.

TomTom needs to be installed in the default folder and you must put the GB Map into the Storage Card. Hopefully you were advised to get one. The warning about location of data means either TTNav or GBMap are not installed properly, and you may need to re-install either or both.

In ActiveSync, Tap "Tools"--"Add/Remove Programs" and you will see if TTNav/Gps/Voice are installed. Perhaps the safest way to see where everything is, would be to Tap "Start"-- "File Explorer" and you should see Program Files, Storage Card etc. although this won't tell you if any are corrupt!!

First thing is to stop the Tosh shutting down, then my guess is a re-install. Good Luck. I use TTNav2.24 with a ToshE330 and it does work.

Tom.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: