Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - In the wrong sreet?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

In the wrong sreet?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cabmanuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:18 pm    Post subject: In the wrong sreet? Reply with quote

Hi everyone,can anyone help please i bought a TTG 300 and also the external antenna, i am in the city and west end of london all the time and quite alot i lose reception or it puts me in a different street the one which runs parallel does this happen to others or is there something wrong with my TT. Sorry completely new to this and the antenna is on the roof,any ideas Question
TM
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is normal to lose the signal sometimes when you are amongst tall buildings, closely packed together.

Also, it is possible that the satellite signals get reflected off buildings and so their path is distorted. This could lead TomTom to miscalculate your position and put you in a different, nearby road. I beleive the GPS positioning is normally accurate to about 10m and TomTom snaps it to the nearest road so it wouldn't need much of a calculation error to put you on a nearby, parallel road.

I think its something we have to live with.
cabmanuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:D Thanks mate for the reply,its just that mates who use other sat navs say they never get this,one uses vdo i think thats what it is called and another one is evesham.
stix
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the same when driving around in the mountains here... think the TT picks up reflected signals, or just has a weak signal and can't quite pin you down as accurately as it would like to. Slightly annoying when it starts trying to recalculate the route though....
cabmanuk
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi stix,thanks for your reply its a little annoying when it does that, i thought it wouldn't do that,my friends tell me theres dont do that i think there trying to to pull my leg Laughing Out Loud Laughing
O13NRV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:18 am    Post subject: Canary Wharf Reply with quote

I also got a tomtom 300 and lost the signal in Canary wharf,under london bridge but not really in the City???.When I switch it on in these places,sometimes I can wait at least 5 mn before any position.By this time I'm gone but still love it.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: