Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera Database for iCN 520
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera Database for iCN 520
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera Database for iCN 520 Reply with quote

Hello I am pleased with my iCN 520 I travel around the UK often up to 3000 miles per month and my 520 works very well.

On this website I noticed a free download for Speed Camera Database for most other models of Navman do you know when the Speed camera database download will be available for iCN 520?

Regards
shughie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi chill
The free download is the one you want, open it and you will see `csv files` (4th one down) open that and you will see `other` (4th one again) they are the files you want to copy to your 520. I have a 520 and they work a treat.
shughie.
chill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi shughie,
Thanks for your help :o)
I downloaded the files and all loaded to my 520, I am now going to try and figure out getting some wav files for the alert sounds.

Cheers
chill
shughie
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the wav files don`t work with the 520, you just get a ping, you can set a different bmp for each type of camera.
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shughie wrote:
the wav files don`t work with the 520, you just get a ping, you can set a different bmp for each type of camera.

You can get a wav file to warn you with a voice announcement of impending speed traps, but this warning will also be played for any other POI with an audible alert set. However, if you are like me, the only audible alert I have is for the speed cameras anyway. After all who need sto know you are passing a petrol station?

If you are interested I will post the thread where this is explained.
chill
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dilemma,
I have followed some of the other threads and will have ago at changing the warning.
Thanks for your help.
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Hows it done? Reply with quote

Dilemma wrote:
shughie wrote:

You can get a wav file to warn you with a voice announcement of impending speed traps, but this warning will also be played for any other POI with an audible alert set. However, if you are like me, the only audible alert I have is for the speed cameras anyway. After all who need sto know you are passing a petrol station?

If you are interested I will post the thread where this is explained.

I am really interested in knowing how to dissable all but the camera audible alerts. Can you please advise
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Instructions Reply with quote

Sorry, messed up with the follow on question. I for one would appreciate some help dissabling all audible alerts with the exception of the camera locations. A procedure would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to this Land based NAV stuff and especially to the iCN520 menu structure. I find it hard getting around and knowing where I am!
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just go to Settings>Alerts>Active POI>chose a POI>deselect the option you no longer require .i.e Not Active/ No Audio Warning/ No Visual Warning. And finally the distance to the unit will detect the POI.

Do not forget that as long as the POI is active it will still display on the unit even though the Visual Warning is not enabled, as all this function does is give a title of the POI on the bottom of the iCN when it is detected.

That's all thats needed.
SickBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got all that sussed but how do you change the warning from the silly "bong" noise to a speech alert ??????? Crying or Very sad

Lee
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, The instructions given were based on my iCN510, and may be slightly different for the 520.

Hope it helps.
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickBoy wrote:
Got all that sussed but how do you change the warning from the silly "bong" noise to a speech alert ??????? Crying or Very sad

Lee

The instructions are to be found here:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12516&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=9
SickBoy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks for your help

Seems fairly simple untill you read to the end and the sounds have to be this bit rate and other things looks a bit scary 8O

Need some clever person to do the wavs for me Wink Wink

Lee
Dilemma
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SickBoy wrote:
Hi thanks for your help

Seems fairly simple untill you read to the end and the sounds have to be this bit rate and other things looks a bit scary 8O

Need some clever person to do the wavs for me Wink Wink

Lee

send me a PM and I will send you the file, but I am not back at work untill later in the week.
davebbrannigan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Differences between 510 & 520 Reply with quote

Seems a lot of folk do not appreciate the differences between the 510 and the 520. From reading the other threads it is clear that the file structure is different. Sure I can dissable all sounds except those for the personal POI's but I cannot see how to change the oem sound to an alternative wav, whether that be a recorded spoken alert of someone elses effort.
In the Navman directory of the SD card there is a sounds directory. This contains the various language alternatives for voice directions. In the Navman directory itself there are two .ini files. "Curmaps.ini" and "dca.ini". The Curmaps .ini file is split into many sections, each having a line reading "sounds = " with no data entry after the equals. I'm sure that if we knew where to actually put the .wav file we could add a data entry here and it would have some effect. Anyone out there tried this?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: