Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - newbie probs with setting favourites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

newbie probs with setting favourites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveW
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: newbie probs with setting favourites Reply with quote

The problem with favorites is that if your PDA crashes, you could loose them all. Keep them as a POI file, and you will not loose them.

Steve
footman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: newbie probs with setting favourites Reply with quote

Hi

Im using TT2.24(fully upgraded) on Ipaq 3660.Im having problems in setting favourite locations.It tells me to press and hold map view but all that does is recycle me through the navigation options.Im obviously missing something vital(story of my life!).

be grateful for help

Laurence
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

You need to tap and hold in the Map screen (not the Navigator screen) to set a favourite.

If I want to set a POI (I prefer to use a Personal POI category rather than favourites) when I'm driving, and hence in the Navigator screen, I do it as follows.

I have a hardware button mapped to "Memorise location", and I press that at the location.

Later, when I'm stationary, I go into the Map screen, and use Find, Recent Locations to recall my memorised locations. I can then add them as favourites or POIs as I wish.

Does that help?

David
catken96
Occasional Visitor

Hi Laurence,

IF you mean an itial setup,I would suggest that you set Favourites as follows:- In "MAP" tap the icon to the right of A/B, (magnifying glass), tap "ADDRESS" icon (yes, the the magnifying glass again!), in "CITY" type the name of the Borough, Village, Town, or City that has the address you require, type in "Street", and House No. if applicable. Tap "OK". In the box that opens on Map, you will see the name of the road/street with it's postcode.Tap on "Add to favourites..." and there you are!!!!(hopefully). You will also notice other options in the box-- Navigate to, Set as departure/destination, and Show on map. Don't forget to make your Home address the FIRST entry in favourites. If I've mis-understood you, and I'm teaching your Grandmother to suck eggs, my apologies.

Tom.
footman
Regular Visitor

thanks for the advice

Laurence

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: