Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Help before i Purchase TomTom Mobile 5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Help before i Purchase TomTom Mobile 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loucypher
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: Help before i Purchase TomTom Mobile 5 Reply with quote

Hi

I have a Nokia 6680, and would like to use TomTom Mobile 5, can some one give me any tips or Pitfalls regarding this before i go ahead and order it.

Thanks very much for any help on this
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to do the same, I just can't decide between Navicore or TT5 for my P910i. The only problem with TT is the waiting time for delivery, it can take a month or more, other than that it appears to be a great bit of kit! Have a search of this forum for people's comments on TT5 on smartphones.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Help before i Purchase TomTom Mobile 5 Reply with quote

loucypher wrote:
Hi

I have a Nokia 6680, and would like to use TomTom Mobile 5, can some one give me any tips or Pitfalls regarding this before i go ahead and order it.

Thanks very much for any help on this

Can't think of any. Apart from the fact it will eat your battery for breakfast so make sure you have a way to charge your phone when on the move.
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find it excellent on the 6600 it eats the bat but on my 6680 its fine must be the dv card less power or something all i can say is go for it excellent phone not too much of a brick less likley to break if droped like the p910 covers change easly any one else wants any reviews just ask
Apnomis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just got TT5 for my C500 and must say I'm very pleasantly surprised. I love it! The navigation is easy and the interface is straightforward. The directions given are clear and the 3D map is easy to read, you don't miss a bigger screen at all (not sure how the C500 screen compares to your phone, I have it suction mounted to the windscreen in easy view). I'm also impressed with how quickly it recalculates your route if you don't go the way it says, litterally a couple of seconds and it's done, it would be very hard to get lost with it even with my sense of direction!

Also I find the battery life on the C500 exceptional for a windows smartphone anyway, but TomTom isn't the battery eater I was expecting, I would guess you'd easily get a full days travel out of a full battery without needing to charge in car. In fact I find playing some of the games on my phone use the battery far quicker.

All in all I'm very impressed, it is a quality package, it's easy to see why TomTom is the first name that comes to mind when you think of SatNav. Although I've never tried any others, I've certainly no wish to hurry out and swap TT5.
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apnomis wrote:

Also I find the battery life on the C500 exceptional for a windows smartphone anyway, but TomTom isn't the battery eater I was expecting, I would guess you'd easily get a full days travel out of a full battery without needing to charge in car. In fact I find playing some of the games on my phone use the battery far quicker.

That's interesting. I wonder if my 3230 just uses the battery too much or if there is a bug in TomTom on Symbian which causes this. On a few occasions I've used it to navigate for about 30 minutes at it's used half of a full charge. I would estimate I could get no more than 90 minutes full on usage out of it before it gave up and closed down.
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 6680 uses the low voltage card so battery life maybe better i find it excellent just as good as my xda2s if it wasn't for the fact the xda has wifi i would sell the xda and just use the 6680 Wink
michaelh85
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My TTM5 finally turned up on Thursday and I must admit, I'm pleasently suprised.
The screen size is very clear. The only "difficult" bit is the blue info bar at the bottom right, although I've found that if you just display the distance and ETA instead of speed and current time then it makes it much clearer.
vikingjonas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, definitely TT5, it's the best by far.... and in regards to comment about c500 battery lasting a whole day, mine doesn't it goes for about 4 1/2 hours, but that is with back-light on all the time.... would be great with an option that could turn off the baclight say if there was no turn for about 3 miles automatically.... as it's just wasting battery while on the highway etc....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: