Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Code update from 2.20 to 2.40 warning!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Code update from 2.20 to 2.40 warning!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
luv102795
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:04 am    Post subject: Code update from 2.20 to 2.40 warning! Reply with quote

I have updated my i3 code from 2.20 to 2.40 and have noticed that the verbal commands have changed. For example, with 2.20 the "lady" says "turn left, 200 ft". After loading the update to 2.40 the "lady" just says "turn left" with no indication of distance. In fact any verbal commands in the "feet" range don't have any distance information, just a turn right or left. I live in the US so this may just be USA issue. I called Garmin and they told me that this was an intentional change and that all future versions will do this. I find that the verbal commands with the number of feet to next turn was very helpful. Has anyone else run into this?
chic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Code update from 2.20 to 2.40 warning! Reply with quote

luv102795 wrote:
I have updated my i3 code from 2.20 to 2.40 and have noticed that the verbal commands have changed. For example, with 2.20 the "lady" says "turn left, 200 ft". After loading the update to 2.40 the "lady" just says "turn left" with no indication of distance. In fact any verbal commands in the "feet" range don't have any distance information, just a turn right or left. I live in the US so this may just be USA issue. I called Garmin and they told me that this was an intentional change and that all future versions will do this. I find that the verbal commands with the number of feet to next turn was very helpful. Has anyone else run into this?

i updated mine from 2.30 to 2.40 and mine works fine, i am in the uk, it gives me plenty warnng to turns, for example it says in .8 miles turn left, then when i get to the turn it says turn left,some people have experience similar problems with the voice commands which was solved by resting the unit(guide to do this is somewhere in this forum), you would then select a different language, hten rest the unit again then load your correct langauge again giving plenty time so that all voice commands are loaded in
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine never said the amount in feet (came with 2.3 in UK). just "in point two miles turn left" then at the actual junction "turn left"

MaFt
luv102795
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was at rev 2.20 it would say "turn left, 500 ft" or "turn left, 200 ft" when I was in the "feet" distance. With 2.40 it simply says turn left or turn right. I do get the verbal turn information in the "tenths" of a mile which is fine but I really liked when it was in the "feet" distance. If you monitor the distance to "next turn" you will notice that when the unit reaches 200ft the "lady" will announce turn left or right. This is where my unit used to say how many feet to the turn. It looks like the change happened in 2.30 and 2.40 still has it. I called Garmin and they said that this was a planned change so no amount of resetting will fix. I asked Garmin to make this an option and they said they would if enough responses were made for this. I don't think most people; unless they have experienced this will notice the change. So call Garmin and tell 'em to put back the feet call range!!
danoli
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luv102795 wrote:
When I was at rev 2.20 it would say "turn left, 500 ft" or "turn left, 200 ft" when I was in the "feet" distance. With 2.40 it simply says turn left or turn right. I do get the verbal turn information in the "tenths" of a mile which is fine but I really liked when it was in the "feet" distance. If you monitor the distance to "next turn" you will notice that when the unit reaches 200ft the "lady" will announce turn left or right. This is where my unit used to say how many feet to the turn. It looks like the change happened in 2.30 and 2.40 still has it. I called Garmin and they said that this was a planned change so no amount of resetting will fix. I asked Garmin to make this an option and they said they would if enough responses were made for this. I don't think most people; unless they have experienced this will notice the change. So call Garmin and tell 'em to put back the feet call range!!

Uh!! my i3 just say "1st" or "2nd" doesn't say left or right...
If I reset it, will I lose all my custom waypoints?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: