Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tomtom nav 5 road speeds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tomtom nav 5 road speeds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Tomtom nav 5 road speeds Reply with quote

Hi

Anyone found out how to alter the speeds yet? Now that the SDK is available is anyone trying to write a utility to do this?

I have contacted Tomtom but they have no plans to reintroduce this facility so we will have to put up with incorrect routes being planned unless we also have the Garmin I3 Street Pilot as this plans the route correctly (at least the one in my area where TTN5 insists that the journey that saves less than a minute [calculated time] & adds 4.7 miles is the quickest when even if we stick to the speed limit [don't we always?] it takes less time to travel the 'normal' route used by all local drivers than it does to go Tomtoms' way [exceeding the speed limits by 10-15%]).

I find that that timings calulated by TTN5 to be near correct when the route is mostly on dual carriageways but on single carriageway roads time are much greater than actual driving times. Anyone else found this?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no such feature in the SDK

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time someone figured out away to change the speeds, they really mess up calculations,

Even if we have to hack the files, I know we shouldn't say things like that but it's one of the biggest gripes I still have with TomTom,

Would it not be a few bytes in a data file? Or in the registry? It must be hidden somewhere?

Carl,
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should bombard Tomtom with e-mails asking for this to be reintroduced (but only 1 per person, not 1,000 from 1 person). Prehaps then they would address the problem.

I e-mailed them & got the usual 'you get what your'e given, not what you want (or HAD for that matter)' type of responce. Polite but blunt if you know what I mean. I even included a link to this forum & said if they read the posts they will find out what the customer thinks of the 'one size fits no one' (common platform software) & their customer support.

1. Will they read the posts?
2. If they do will it improve their service & product?
3. Will they even give a dam?
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure that there must be some technically-savvy TT5 users our there who know where the default road speeds are located.

There was a similar thread on the CoPilot forum, and the road speeds were held in a single .cfg file. This could be edited in Notepad and saved back into the programme. I experimented with this before finally ditching CoPilot.

Surely, it is not beyond the realms of possibility for the relevant TT5 file to be identified in order that it can be edited similar to CoPilot.

Baz
Garmin Montana 650
Garmin Oregon 45oT
Garmin Edge 1000
Tracklogs Digital Mapping
MarkHewitt
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me the problem is not particular the road speeds but the inaccurate mapping especially of roads which are often completely unsuitable.
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LiveLifeGoJump wrote:
We should bombard Tomtom with e-mails asking for this to be reintroduced (but only 1 per person, not 1,000 from 1 person). Prehaps then they would address the problem.

Submitted my question,

Carl,

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: