Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - WM 2005 with tomtom5
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

WM 2005 with tomtom5
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
donge900
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: WM 2005 with tomtom5 Reply with quote

Does anybody have experience with installing TT5 on a WM2005 pda?
I tried with the setup on the CD and i tried copying the cab files and manually install them. Neither of thes options is working, i'm getting an error when trying to install ttn.cab. Installation unsuccessful. Sad

Anyone withthe same experience or with a sollution?

Thx
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asa far as i know tt5 isnt compatable with wm2005 yet i would have thought theyll bring a patchout for it when its ready try the 5.1 update from the tt site and see if that works

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
andy-c1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe you can if you copy the cab files across

quoted from bigmac1000

osted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:02 pm
Reply to topicReply with quoteUnsuitable content? Report this post to Moderator/Admin.Bottom of PageTop of Page
Post subject: PostRe: Tomtom Nav 5 and O2 Exec

Its does work.

You need to bypass Activesync 4 and install using CAB file.

as i don;t have wm2005 i can't comment only quote
weatheryoko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: It does work...... Reply with quote

It does work. I'm running it on my JasJar. I had to install 4 cab files. Copy TTN.cab, GPS.cab, PIMAddIn.cab, WZD.cab and a voice file (I used USAM.cab (Richard)) to your WM 5.0 device. Install on the WM 5.0 machine in this order:

TTN
GPS
WZD
PIMAddIn
Voice

You can install them to the ROM if you want, but I would recommend installing on your storage card.

Next, pop out your SD/CF/Storage card into a USB reader. Install the map that you want use via the normal installation disk. You'll have to select installation via "Memory Card Reader" since TT5 will never see your WM 5.0 machine. You HAVE to install you map via a memory card reader.

Only then, launch the program. Go thru the setup. Enter your new device code. Bam! Done.
weatheryoko
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:26 pm    Post subject: An small inbetween step Reply with quote

I think this goes without saying, but once you've installed the map via the memory card reader, put the storage card back in your WM 5.0 machine and only then, start the TomTom application. You'll go through the setup wizard and you should be done. :D
donge900
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: i'm getting an error when trying to install ttn.cab. Install Reply with quote

I tried to copie them files to my jasar. But if i try to install them manually like you said, everything works, accept the ttn.cab file (installation unsuccessful). Sad((
Maybe the wrong TT5 cd? Does anybody has heard of the Balkan version of tomtom5?
I also tries the 5.1 version, also same problem.
Thanks already for youre cooperations :D

Greetz Rob
jdee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: i'm getting an error when trying to install ttn.cab. Ins Reply with quote

donge900 wrote:
I tried to copie them files to my jasar. But if i try to install them manually like you said, everything works, accept the ttn.cab file (installation unsuccessful). Sad((
Maybe the wrong TT5 cd? Does anybody has heard of the Balkan version of tomtom5?

Greetz Rob

I had that probelm. Remove your SD card and try the ttn.cab again. That fixed it for me.
jdee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: It does work...... Reply with quote

weatheryoko wrote:
It does work. I'm running it on my JasJar. I had to install 4 cab files. Copy TTN.cab, GPS.cab, PIMAddIn.cab, WZD.cab and a voice file (I used USAM.cab (Richard)) to your WM 5.0 device. Install on the WM 5.0 machine in this order:

TTN
GPS
WZD
PIMAddIn
Voice

You can install them to the ROM if you want, but I would recommend installing on your storage card.

Next, pop out your SD/CF/Storage card into a USB reader. Install the map that you want use via the normal installation disk. You'll have to select installation via "Memory Card Reader" since TT5 will never see your WM 5.0 machine. You HAVE to install you map via a memory card reader.

Only then, launch the program. Go thru the setup. Enter your new device code. Bam! Done.

Great advice! The only problem I have is that I can't find the voice cab on my CD. Could you tell me exacly where it is (uk voices)? Thanks.
qwerty12
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: i'm getting an error when trying to install ttn.cab. Ins Reply with quote

donge900 wrote:

Greetz Rob

Lol the BAKONL version is a illegal version. But to answer ur question:
the data05.chk and data05.vif are the uk female voices which are in the voices folder.
I THINK data06.chk and data06.vif are the male uk voices; if not try data04.chk and data04.vif.
donge900
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx you guys, but removing my sd card or some other options are just not working Sad((( I think i need an other ttn.cab file.....

greetz Rob
jdee
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

donge900 wrote:
Thx you guys, but removing my sd card or some other options are just not working Sad((( I think i need an other ttn.cab file.....

greetz Rob

Try uninstalling everything, install gps.cab first, then soft reset, then install ttn.cab
donge900
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the trick! Thanks!

I also have navigon 2005 running on my ppc, because of tt5 did not work, but now it is working!

thx
greetz

Rob
CJSnet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have got it working, but does anybody else find that when the screen is rotated horizontally, the screen update rate becomes very slow, and the new frames take a long time to draw. In vertical mode it's perfectly animated.
bigswede
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, any suggestions !?

My HW setup:
Axim x51v WM5.
1Gb SD Sandisk Ultra II.
Holux GPSlim 236.

My SW setup:
Bluetooth outgoing connection Com7 (to the Holux).
GPS-settings WM5 Programport = Com4 Hardwareport = Com7 @ 38600 Baud.

I've installed TomTom5 the manual way ie copied the files from the CAB's to the right places (app is placed in rom and the maps on the SD-card).
I never got the tt5.cab to work. I hade to take the files from a wm2003 machine.

Tomtom starts fine but...

1)
It does not find the GPS by itself after config. I have to reconfigure the GPS everytime I start the application and that doesn't help everytime either.

I select 38600, com4 in TomTom and wait...sometimes it finds the gps after a minute or so, sometime it doesn't. Everytime it fails to find it I can start GPS-view (or other program) and it finds the gps right away.

If I disabel the WM5 GPS-portsharing my port is com7 or 8 and TomTom5 does not see those ports, I read somewere that TomTom looks in the registry for available com ports and WM5 acts differently then 2003 in this matter.

2)
I seems to be very unstable. If I get it to find my gps it crashes all the time. I've tried the 5.1 (5160) version but it did not solve the problem. My system seems rock solid otherwise...it's just TomTom that crashes.

Any suggestion how to get Tomtom to work would be much appreciated !

/BigSwede
BV
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to any experts on the forum.
I have an XDAIIs, which after I went to corporate mode has worked beautifully with TOM TOM 5.1. It allows full operation of incoming calls etc whilst working great with traffic plus.
However I am being seduced with a free upgrade to that big beauty of a device, the XDA exec.
This operates WM5 os and it appears to have a problem running TOM TOM, as contributors on this forum have explained.
Is there an idiot proof way of overcoming this or should I stick with the XDAIIs or will TOM TOM make it compatible with WM5 soon?

Many thanks, BV.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: