Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin Streetpilot i3 - Software Enhancement Requests
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boyrevel
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any developments with getting the speed to be displayed whilst navigating?

I also find that it doesn't wuite tell me enough info on the approach to a roundabout. I would prefer an extra command "Turn off after 0.3 mile and take 2nd exit from roundabout", rather than the "Turn off after 0.3 mile and approach roundabout" that it currently says.
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boyrevel wrote:
Any developments with getting the speed to be displayed whilst navigating?

They don't kinda tell us that kind of thing, here.

I have to say, I doubt it will happen, though - I think their argument would be that the screen isn't big enough to provide more than one field.

boyrevel wrote:
I also find that it doesn't wuite tell me enough info on the approach to a roundabout. I would prefer an extra command "Turn off after 0.3 mile and take 2nd exit from roundabout", rather than the "Turn off after 0.3 mile and approach roundabout" that it currently says.

What version of firmware are you running, because the versions post 2.70, had changes to the timing of voice prompts.
OzSpider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Ability to delete entries in Recent Finds (like Favourites) Reply with quote

I'd like to see added the ability to delete entries from the Recent Finds list. This capability already exists for the Favourites list, so I guess it would not be too hard to implement.

This is a desirable enhancement from a data privacy viewpoint. The capability does not exist (or at least, not in 2.70 and I don;t think in 3.10 either).
porky48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

porky48 wrote:
I would have thought that this option would come as standard, quite simply because if you come across an accident you can inform the emergency services of your precise location even if you are in the middle of nowhere.

Cuppa wrote:
MaFt wrote:
ASHERS wrote:
I think it would useful (and I would have thought quite a simple change) to be have the ability to display your current location as lat/long. You could then use this to add exact locations e.g. new safety cameras to your own custom poi files or submit to pocketgps for inclusion in theirs.

i agree, this would be useful. for any places rather than just safety camera's.

MaFt

Fully Agree, if watching, can we have this please Garmin? As I have two units it would be nice to update one custom POI with co-ords from the unit that I can load into both with POIloader. Also, if do a full reset, entries that you add by pressing and holding the wheel will be lost, yet if possibility to write them into a custom POI then you can just upload again.

Why not display the lat/long when you push the wheel this would double up the use of this function as you could then use it as you have before by changing the name of the location to what you want..

Garmin are going to have to bring out a stable firmware version before I am likley to upgrade again, I have gone back to 2.70 as this is the only one that works ok on my unit.
gcb
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have noticed that some people thing a Tom Tom Go is a more sophisticated bit of kit because you can have diferent voices like John Clese.
I also notice Tom Tom make a lot of money out of selling these silly voices
and that an I3 can support diferent lanbguages so diferent voices should be no problem.
Garmin
I reasile that it would be quite easy for you to make money from silly voices and not rip us so bad on map software. So please start sell ing some silly voices for $20 a go and make your maps cheaper.
Almahadeus
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing I am really missing from my now gone TomToms is the avoidance feature were specific parts of the route (e.g. M25) can be avoided during route calculation. A very practical feature and feels easy to add as a feature if Garmin is looking.
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My choice of upgrades so far would be:

3 digit alphanumeric pin code required on power up (but could be disabled if not required like on mobiles).

Defaults to map view without any more keypresses after power on.

Speed rather than eta in navigating mode.

In map view, an arrow along with the upcoming streetname indicating which side of the road it's refering to.

The ability to turn off the streetnames off in map mode so I can actually see if that road underneath " ..xxx ROAD" would be a shortcut or not!
Lester_Burnham
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbooth wrote:

I'd vote against you on that - I have a speedo for seeing what speed I'm doing, and the feature of having a rough and ready arrival time is very useful for me.
Trajet
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lester_Burnham wrote:
robbooth wrote:

I'd vote against you on that - I have a speedo for seeing what speed I'm doing, and the feature of having a rough and ready arrival time is very useful for me.

I agree with Lester on this one. ETA is much better than being told your speed twice.
canuckinperth
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that's really bugged me (and others, judging from posts on this forum) is all the weird back country routes that the unit suggests. I would like to see an "Avoid unnamed roads" option added to the preferences. I've noticed that quite often when I'm on one of these questionable routes, the unit indicates "Traveling xx on road", which must mean the road is unnamed. I suspect this would eliminate a good percentage of the "unorthodox" routes that never fail to make my human co-navigator roll her eyes and grind her teeth! Rolling Eyes :x
Just a thought.
CiP
peakcrew
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if anyone is still monitoring this thread, but I'd like a way of inputing locations by Ordnance Survey grid references. I go out on a lot of rallies as a marshal, and very often the only information I have is a standard six figure reference. Using a paper OS map, Multimap, or whatever to find the nearest satnav recognisable landmark, and then programming that into the i3 is just a bit silly! Wink

Also, even though I'm using v2.7, the flippin' thing still doesn't call exits from a roundabout early enough - crossing lanes coming off motorways is definitely not my favourite occupation!! Embarassed
phillik
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me today. You are driving down a strange motorway that is about to split. You are trusting the i3 to direct you. You get voice saying "in 1/2 mile keep.boing.boing.."and the map has zoomed so you can't see! Now which way was that? Which idiot put a temp speed camera there?

How about just quickly pressing the right i3 button to repeat the last voice command? Yes this is the power off button and I know you should not operate the i3 in transit, but it is better than cutting across lanes at the last moment.
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the facility to add your current location directly to the favourites (similar to setting your home location) - useful if the place you want to add isn't a house or doesn't have a number.
Anita
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

robbooth wrote:
I'd like to see the facility to add your current location directly to the favourites (similar to setting your home location) - useful if the place you want to add isn't a house or doesn't have a number.

The facility's already there, Rob. If you press and hold the wheel the current location is saved to My Favorites, with an option to Change Name from the number allocated to it.
Samsung Galaxy S21
robbooth
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8) Cool! thanks for that Anita, I really must read the instruction manual sometime! Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: