Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Back up of SD card-fall at first hurdle!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Back up of SD card-fall at first hurdle!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smitty03
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine worked when I was coonecting the TTG via usb and the new card was via a usb card reader-I wonder if it is involving the HDD which is somehow making the difference?
Try different ways of copying e.g. whole TTG file and copy/paste into HDD then to new card and if that doesn't work individual files etc.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

motordoctor wrote:
125,646,848 bytes on tom tom card but only 125,479,845 bytes copied onto new on and same onto pc hard drive, it seems to be missing some files somewhere Question Question Question

Have you tried doing a file by file reconciliation between old and new? [There are not that many files to check].

If any are missing from the new set, copy them over individually.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
rescueme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to copy my 128 card over to my 512 Scandisk card.

Eventhough I have selected show hidden files in control panel (WinXP) and have used a card reader to tranfer straight from TTOne, I still can't get all the files to copy.

Any help please?!?
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rescueme wrote:
I am trying to copy my 128 card over to my 512 Scandisk card.

Eventhough I have selected show hidden files in control panel (WinXP) and have used a card reader to tranfer straight from TTOne, I still can't get all the files to copy.

Any help please?!?

Can you be a bit more exlicit about what actually happens?

It sounds as if you have the old card in TT1 and the new one in a card reader both connected to the computer at the same time, so you are trying to copy directly from one to the other without using your hard disk. Is that correct?

When you think the copy has finished, leave it a few more minutes for all buffers to empty. Then use Windows Explorer to look at the properties of both cards. They should both report exactly the same number of files and folders and pretty much the same amount of space used.

If they don't compare properly, what are the differences?

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
rescueme
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

You are absolutely correct, I have checked the properties and the dirfference is minimal, 122,257,408 for new card and 122,275,840 for the old one.

However I re formatted the card as FAT to match the TT card, instead of FAT32 and although the difference between the two reduces the TT rejects the card straight off without uploading from it first!

Gareth

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: