Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Beta Testers for CP6
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Beta Testers for CP6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimbeard's "amateur analyst" post serves merely to dilute the message that ALK needs to heed:

FIX YOUR PRODUCT AND LOOK AFTER YOUR CUSTOMERS

Grimbeard can call that advice, or whatever he wishes. However, until it is heeded, it will be no exaggeration to say that:

COPILOT IS JUNK

and to say to potential purchasers:

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

It is worth remembering this. The main difference between those running companies and gifted amateurs may well be that those running the companies AIN'T GIFTED!!
iankb
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponderous, one thing that we can be sure of is that ALK will have stopped heeding your posts a long time ago, since you haven't added anything new to say in ages. And your vitriolic attitude is designed to make new forum users dismiss your flame posts as that of a crank, whether you originally had anything of import to say or not.

iPaq 2210
Globalsat BT-338
Seidio G2500 Amplified Vent Mount
CoPilot 6, GPS Tuner 4.2, Navio 3.01
BMW 330ci Sport
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iankb

If post your rules as to what I am and am not allowed to say, and under what circumstances, then I will give them due consideration. I wouldn't hold my breath, though, if I were you.

Despite the chaff thrown up in the more philistine posts recently, it will not have excaped users' notice that the makers of this serially flawed product have not acted on the routing problems and that it is becoming very difficult to know which, of any, of their statements of intent is true. Until that changes, I shall do what I consider reasonable highlight the fact.
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Ya know, I'm so lucky to have English as my first and native language.

GB
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimBeard wrote:
Ya know, I'm so lucky to have English as my first and native language.

Really, how many languages do you speak?
PONDEROUS
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my most recent post, I missed a couple of words and typed an x instead of an s. I'm not sure if that is what Grimbeard is referring to in his subsequent post. If so, or for that matter if not, please read my post as if the missing words had been there and the x replaced by a c.
GrimBeard
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, fwur, Amyrican, Australian, Nyw Zyalandish and wf cwursy Ynglish. Hwwyvyr, my grammar is nwt by sw gwwd but it was adyquaty ynwugh tw lyad tw thy ryspwnsys subsyquyntly pwstyd...................

GB

PS I have changed all the ‘e’s for ‘y’s and all the ‘o’s for ‘w’s. (But not in this post-script) Now it looks a bit like Welsh!! So I suppose that makes five.
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this thread is being reduced to a slanging match similar to the workarounds one.
Crying or Very sad
DerekFKS85
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why useful posts like this seem to end up this way. You guys have loads of knowledge and should put it to good use instead of slagging eachother off constantly.

So.......when's CP6 coming out then?
DanB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't understand why useful posts like this seem to end up this way.

The answer is called PONDEROUS. Unfortunately Ponderous has a medical condition which affects his reading. This manifests itself in the delusion that all posts on this forum relating to CoPilot 5 are titled 'I would like to give Ponderous another opportunity to vent his already overly vented spleen'.

The result of this is that by the third or fourth post, Ponderous has arrived on the scene posting exactly the same old gripes, moans and whinges that he's posted on endless occasions in the past (and which most readers of this forum now know it off by heart), regardless of whether its relevant or not to the post in question.

Every thread therefore rapidly becomes a 'Let's slag off ALK for the n-thousandth time', which, even if those complaints are justified (and some of them are) gets increasingly tedious and pointless. At which point, someone who hasn't appreciated the severity of Ponderous's medical condition points out that his posts are repetitive and non-constructive, prompting Ponderous to

a. go into a huff; or
b. say they're corrupt and in the pay of ALK; or
c. insult them; or
d. a mixture of the above.

The thread then descends into a slanging match, and what would be a useful resource for CoPilot users therefore becomes little more than a quickly dimishing forum for Ponderous to repeat his well-rehearsed complaints and arguments ad nauseam.

On most sites this would be considered trolling (i.e. a forum for users of a product being bombarded by messages from someone who doesn't use it but merely wants to complain about it) but in this case I think one has to bear in mind the underlying causes of this compulsive behaviour.

:D

Dan
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys, before this decends even further lets bring it back above board or I'll have to lock it. We don't need yet another dissection of personalities.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan,

we would like to see this forum a place for constructive help and cooperation. Your post was certainly not constructive.

The best thing to deal with trolls in any forum is to ignore them, and focus on constructive discussion instead.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
DanB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lbendlin,

I too would like to see this forum as a place for constructive help and cooperation. But the fact is that it isn't, and it hasn't been for some time, because virtually every thread gets intensively trolled by Ponderous and a few others. I agree that the best thing to do with trolls like Ponderous normally is to ignore them. However, when they're as fanatically persistent as Ponderous it doesn't work. As this forum shows.

If you think my post was not constructive then I apologise but I'd ask this - other than your posts, are there any other posts on this thread that are productive? Because for the life of me, I can't see any.

Dan
Ako
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've bit my lip for a while but c'mon Darren, Lutz, you know what Dan is saying. The majority of vitriolic & repetetive posts are being made by people who don't use the software anymore and are destroying it for everyone else. By letting them continue they are being condoned. I don't want to stifle constructive criticism but there is a difference between that and what has been happening on the copilot threads. It's come down to even directly calling people dishonest now.
Crying or Very sad

Dave

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CoPilot Live All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: