Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - power cable output
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

power cable output

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: power cable output Reply with quote

hi, does anybody know what voltage the car charger should be putting out to the pda and gps receiver mine does not give any reading when i check it, and when i go into the battery power status there is no charge being recieved,thanks
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the battery Start/ system /settings page there is a check box for battery/ enable USB charge (you may have to dig around for it the XDA doesn't use this but the IPAQ does), tick it and it should work OK - Mike
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry one thing I forgot to mention - have you got the ign key turned to the position required for the radio to work - that quite often powers the ciggy lighter - it depends on this - is there a red LED on the addapter and if so is it lit up? - just a thought - Mike
humber
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:25 am    Post subject: power Reply with quote

hi mike, the car charger is secured on a standalone battery for checking equipment and everything i try wirks ok,so all is fine on that score, been into battery settings,am trying to test the output with a muti meter but cannot get afeed at pda or gps ends of the cable,but there is a green light that does come on.But i have seem this on mobile phone chargers when they go faulty. I have tried to send this item back to "global poisitioning systems" from where i purchased it , but they keep saying ring "tom tom" if anybody has treid they will know if is terrible customer service, how does anybody ever get a result, rubbish is what i say!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: