Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Best car mount for iPAQ hx4700?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Best car mount for iPAQ hx4700?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afterburner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Best car mount for iPAQ hx4700? Reply with quote

I am going to upgrade my iPAQ from a 3630 to an hx4700 and my old Brodit clip and cradle will need replacing along with it. Does anyone have any advice as to what is the best cradle for this PDA?

Does it need an amplified mount with this PDA?

The old Brodit active holder is a little clunky, is there a better one out there?

I want to clip it to the dash like the old one rather than an ugly sucker-mount.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

David
dyoll66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: hx4700 car mount Reply with quote

hi,try e bay item no 5750056059 :D
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And he said a vent mount, this is a window mount - Please don't waste peoples time with cheap selling tactics. If you have something to sell, please use the For Sale forum. I apologise if you are not the seller, but the lack of understanding and the Smile made me suspicious.
alistairm1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an Hx4700, which I use with a Holux 236 and Brodit amplified mount.
I would strongly recommend that you get an amplified mount, as the audio output of the Hx4700 is not the loudest on the market.
Some say that the Brodit, as it has no volume control of its own, is not as flexible as others on the market, but I find that with the volume on the Hx4700 turned down to about 50% there is little or no distortion, and the voice commands are easily heard.
The mount is tailored for the iPAQ, so there are no adjustments to make, just slot it in and it is held securely.

Only downside, price.
dyoll66
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: hx4700 dash mount Reply with quote

INEXPERIENCE THATS ALL + tired:( .hi ,but would appreciate your advice on a suitable dash holder for my newly purchased hx4700 .
Lloyd.
Afterburner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alistairm1 wrote:
I have an Hx4700, which I use with a Holux 236 and Brodit amplified mount.
I would strongly recommend that you get an amplified mount, as the audio output of the Hx4700 is not the loudest on the market.
Some say that the Brodit, as it has no volume control of its own, is not as flexible as others on the market, but I find that with the volume on the Hx4700 turned down to about 50% there is little or no distortion, and the voice commands are easily heard.
The mount is tailored for the iPAQ, so there are no adjustments to make, just slot it in and it is held securely.

Only downside, price.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have only today received my hx4700 and it's charging for the first time so I haven't heard the speaker yet. I will take your advice and buy an amplified cradle; I had heard that the new PDAs are a little quiet. My old iPAQ 3760 is too loud when at max volume!

David
SimonCatlin
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am trying to find avent mount that can do landscape as well as portrait.. Anyone know of one?

dyoll66 = Sorry for the flame...
geedee
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I too am looking for a (neat) vent mount for a 4700.

I do not have a problem with the sound, so it can be a passive model which I use with a Holux Slim BT GPS.

Thanks

Graham
rayamit
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning to get the Tomtom bespoke mount for 4700 from pdamods.com. Is it any good? Any comments from people who've tried it? Thanks.
MKontic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a little surprised that people are recommending a speaker mount for the 4700. I have a 4705 which is effectively the same PPC, i'm deaf in one ear... but still don't have a problem hearing the navigator voice without an amplifier. In fact, it drowns out the radio. Maybe that's your problem... turn down your radio! Laughing

For a motorbike though, that may be a different proposition; I would think that every PDA would need an amplifier on a bike... but that is only my uneducated opinion as i don't have a motorbike. But then, you wouldn't be asking for a vent mount. 8O
gbh
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:36 pm    Post subject: Cheapest mount for hx4700 Reply with quote

Mount ...
Two bleck squares of velcro on back, matched to corresponding hooked velcro squares on dash curve, above vents.
One thin strip, to hold protective cover open & allow angle adjustment

Amplifier ...
Cassette adapter, via Earphone socket - I play MP3's mainly in the car, as most of the local radio stations do not stay with me on my long journeys & cannot be bothered retuning to mainstream BBC radio rubbish.
Sound is usually louder than the MP3's ,so just use for POI notification.

Sorted :D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: