Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Fatal Application Error on Cybercom (Medion) MDPNA 150
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Fatal Application Error on Cybercom (Medion) MDPNA 150

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:34 am    Post subject: Fatal Application Error on Cybercom (Medion) MDPNA 150 Reply with quote

Hi! Bought my husband a Cybercom PNA 150 in May (it's Medion, according to the details in the manual), and it's now developed a fatal application error when trying to open Navigator from the Desktop. The error is as shown below:

Fatal Application Error
Application Navigator.exe has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor.
Program: Navigator.exe
Exception: 0x0000005
Address: 000E2AC4

It now either shows this message or just returns to the desktop when we try to open Navigator. We have done both soft and hard resets, and removed and reinserted the memory card, but nothing works.

Can anyone help me with this problem? As it's still under guarantee, I'll be ringing Staples to see what they advise, and I've also emailed Medion (though from other posts, I might be waiting a long time for a reply!), but hoped I might get some good advice from you guys.

Thanks!

Mal
Sequin
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried re-installing navigator from the CD that should have come with the package?
malw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sequin wrote:
Have you tried re-installing navigator from the CD that should have come with the package?

No I haven't - how do I do this please?

Mal
malw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I managed to get through to a technician at Medion today and he solved my problem for me. If anyone out there has the same thing happen to them, here's what he told me to do:

- Disconnect the GPS device from the PC
- Perform a hard reset (switch off and on again at the back of the device)
- Wait until the desktop appears, then reconnect to the PC via USB and ActiveSync
- Go into My Computer and click on Mobile Device
- Double click on the Flash Drive(?) folder (think it was 'Drive' but certainly Flash something)
- In here there was a folder called Medion, which I was told to delete, even though some of the files were read only
- Disconnect from the PC once again
- Open Navigator from the GPS desktop and all should be back to normal

This does delete all your history but a small price to pay to get the thing working again! Thank you to Michael at Medion!

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Mal

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: