Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - MEDION md95900 --- how???? EVERYTHING??? PLEASE HELP
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

MEDION md95900 --- how???? EVERYTHING??? PLEASE HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: MEDION md95900 --- how???? EVERYTHING??? PLEASE HELP Reply with quote

Any help at all would be appreciated. I have just purchased a Medion MD95900. It has England on the SD Card supplied. I have just purchased a map for USA but Medion's book & instructions on CD are extremely vague. I do not want to overwrite the original SD just in case I can't get the information back. I am HOPING to some how download the usa map onto a new SD Card (DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT SIZE I WOULD NEED) and where to start. If anyone has any links to help pages etc that would be brilliant. I have contacted Medion but after 2 months & numerous emails still no reply. Thanks Barbie
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of Med Nav do you have as it depends on the type.

If you have Med Nav v4.4 then follow the below instructions.

Get a card reader that will read SD cards (Cant say which one though as there are so many) copy the contents of the Original UK card onto a PC and also onto a CD-ROM to make sure, check that all the files are present by looking at the file sizes using porperties, this is jsut a backup in case you lose the SD files for any reason.

They should be on the CD that came with the unit anyway.

Then put the CD of the USA in the computer and see what size it is then by using poperties.

Get the new SD card that will accomodate the file size and using the card reader transfer the files on the SD card, check again all files are present and that the file size matches the CD file sizes.

Then once all the files have transfered insert the card in to the unit and tell the Med Nav program that you want to change maps and hey presto it should work.

If it does not work come back on here.

Cheers

tel33
Barbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks for that.
It just seems such a minefield out there.
The version that I have been told I need is 4.75. I will try & thanks again for help. Barbie
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean the version you have is 4.75?

All of what I have said should be valid.

Goodluck you will do it Wink
Barbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks....i'll try....Barbie
Mick2me
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well? Confused

Did it work?
Barbie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: yes it did work Reply with quote

Yes it did work. Many thanks to tel33 for information
tel33
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My pleasure :-)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: