Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI Extended Warning Sounds & Text
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI Extended Warning Sounds & Text
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:00 am    Post subject: POI Extended Warning Sounds & Text Reply with quote

Want more than 15 warning sounds for your pois ?
Want to change poi warning sound labels ?

Now you can, download the application and have up to 30 warning sounds and change the text too.

http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/poiew.html
fatmanscoop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray what a thumping piece of software this is ..Top banana Laughing Laughing Laughing

Liverpool F.C rocks
riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:04 pm    Post subject: trying to install software Reply with quote

Hi, I tried installing this software and got as far as open the poie extend file and copy the ttn folder and the data chk file from the go to the originals folder.I can find the data chk file(should be able to i,ve swapped it that many times)but i don,t have a ttn file so i,ve stopped!Also what do you mean by load the ttn file 1 and the data chk file?sorry but you don,t take into account that some people are beginners and don,t understand computer jargon.Also there is no help file with the download.Thankss in advance anybody that can help!
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Re: trying to install software Reply with quote

riddler wrote:
Hi, I tried installing this software and got as far as open the poie extend file and copy the ttn folder and the data chk file from the go to the originals folder.I can find the data chk file(should be able to i,ve swapped it that many times)but i don,t have a ttn file so i,ve stopped!Also what do you mean by load the ttn file 1 and the data chk file?sorry but you don,t take into account that some people are beginners and don,t understand computer jargon.Also there is no help file with the download.Thankss in advance anybody that can help!

Download extracttn.zip. Unzip the files into the default folder. Copy ttsystem found on your ttgo sdcard to the extracttn folder. Run extract_ttn.exe and click extract - this will extract the file ttn and will be found in the bin folder- extractttn | bin.

"load ttn file-1" The "1" is indicated on the picture of the software and is an indication of which button to use to load the file.

There are two help files in the poiextend folder one for ttgo and one for navigator.
riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does it say copy ttn file and data chk from the go to the originals folder,there is no ttn file,sorry but that is confusing,so do i take the ttn file from the bin and put it in the original folder?
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've also edited the text on my site to make it more clear.
fatmanscoop
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it does work honest look at my pics here

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=27500

Liverpool F.C rocks
riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I,m not doubting that it works as i,ve used a lot of Ray,s applications it,s a marvellous site.Need help now i,vve tried installing the software,the bells,cows descriptions have been correctly changed but they do not match the spoken warnings!All i could see was the green boxes with the text in but nothing in the box opposite.
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

riddler wrote:
Hi, I,m not doubting that it works as i,ve used a lot of Ray,s applications it,s a marvellous site.Need help now i,vve tried installing the software,the bells,cows descriptions have been correctly changed but they do not match the spoken warnings!All i could see was the green boxes with the text in but nothing in the box opposite.

Start the poiew application load the data.chk and ttn files. The text in the green box is just the default text or shows the text when the app was last used and is not related to the data.chk

Click on one of the green boxes to highlight it, a small speaker icon appears in between the green and yellow boxes click it to listen to the sound and then asign a text label for that sound in the green box (the green box turns blue when selected).

If you want to change the sound click the browse button, to the right of the yellow box (no 3 in the picture) and select the sound file you want to use.

Once all your text labels and sounds are in place save the modified ttn file and build the custom data.chk files using the two buttons.
Copy the ttn and data.chk files to your sdcard, you will find them in the modified folder
Luffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Cracking piece of software Reply with quote

used in conjunction with rayflans real voice POI warnings.

10 out of 10 - Thank you.

(Didnt work on my windows 98 system, but worked fine under XP)
Luffer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOPs - Doesnt show subject header...

...cracking piece of software!!!
wilbo123
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Really great bit of code Reply with quote

Just waht I was looking for. :D

Many Thanks.

Worked perfectly first time.

Did notice while I was messing about that the app wouldn't open the original Tomtom data.chk file and unogg the sounds, but not real issue as I wasn't that keen on the original sounds anyway, the text labels for my "Special" voices are now blank, but again not an issue.

(this was on the ppc V5.0 original file)

No more working out if "cow" is this and "polite" is that, what a relief, its not funny when Tomtom tells you the speed limit is 30 when you're doing 70, just cos you got the poi sounds mixed up.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Really great bit of code Reply with quote

wilbo123 wrote:

Did notice while I was messing about that the app wouldn't open the original Tomtom data.chk file and unogg the sounds, but not real issue as I wasn't that keen on the original sounds anyway, the text labels for my "Special" voices are now blank, but again not an issue.

(this was on the ppc V5.0 original file)

I'm aware of the problem with the voice skin labels and it's noted on my site, (the solution could of being to shorten the lenght of the custom poi labels) but as you have the pictures didn't see it as a problem.

To work out all the different variations of data.chk to enable them to be played was too much work for the end result ( it wasn't me who did all the clever stuff but Phew) but you can play the sounds of custom data.chk files.
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: POI Extended Warning Sounds & Text Reply with quote

rayflan wrote:
Want more than 15 warning sounds for your pois ?
Want to change poi warning sound labels ?

Now you can, download the application and have up to 30 warning sounds and change the text too. l

Hi Ray,

Great piece of software - once I'd worked out that the -1 and -2 referred to the diagram, and that you have to use different 'Load' buttons to load the 2 files. [Maybe they could be called 'Load TTN' and 'Load CHK' or something?]

When it tells you to load the required .ogg format file with (3) - where can I find some .ogg files to point it to? Elsewhere on your excellent site, you've made various sets of warning sounds available. Have you also put the individual .ogg files in an accessible place, so that we can mix and match?

ISTR seeing some software somewhere which would crack a DATA.CHK file into individual .ogg's. Can you remind me what that is, and where to get it?

Also, is there an easy way of creating my own? I've got lots of software for creating and editing .wav files, but not .ogg files. Is there some freeware somewhere which converts to and fro?

Many thanks.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
rayflan
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger,
Thanks for your comments.

If you load any of the modified data.chk files from my site into the program and click the "S" beside the load ogg button - number 3 on the drawing it will allow you to save the file. You can then use them in you own data.chk versions as required.

I did consider uploading the ogg files but the rate my site is growing I'll have to start paying for more space, something I don't won't to do if poss.

Try Wavepad to edit your audio files it handles ogg files and you can "save as" to convert. I'm sure you know but remember to keep the sample rate to 22050 or 11025 and the file size small otherwise to can get strange sounding results.

http://nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: