Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Advice required - Which GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Advice required - Which GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Booth345
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Advice required - Which GPS Reply with quote

I'm looking for a very good handheld graphical GPS unit for walking and planning walks. I want something that can utilise OS mapping products which can be programmed with waypoints and will simply display (graphically) your current position and plotted course. I'm not too worried about cost providing it delivers something which is simple to understand and operate.

I would very much appreciate it anyone could help and either just identify the names and models of a couple of units which will fit the bill or point me at the place I can find the information without having to trawl through lengthy technical specifications with confusing jargon that doesn't help me understand in simple terms what it has to offer!

Many thanks

DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Advice required - Which GPS Reply with quote

Have you a Pocket PC already - particularly one with Bluetooth? If so, the most powerful option is probably to get an Otter Armor product for your Pocket PC, and a Bluetooth GPS in an Otter box. That way, you have all the power of your Pocket PC with a colour screen for maps (something like Fugawi or the Memory Map products). There's a review of the Otter products here and you can check out the reviews of Topographical software on this site here.

Alternatively, is your interest more in a standalone mapping GPS than something Pocket PC based?

David
Booth345
Occasional Visitor

David,

Many thanks for your reply. I was looking for something that worked with a pocket PC/PDA. I want to use it specifically for walking, utilising OS type mapping detail. Something that would work with an Ipaq would be ideal? I will visit the links you recommended and see if they provide all the data to enable me to purchase.

Many thanks once again

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: