Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Unwanted Route
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Unwanted Route

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dunk50
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Unwanted Route Reply with quote

I have an Ipaq 3835 with the Navman 3450. It works fine except for the route. When you set destination it programs a route that I find to be way out of the way or just plain wrong. I am use to Delorme Mapping and they have a nice feature. You not only pick destination, you can pick some stops. This allows you to guide the Navman in a direction or route that you want to take. Is there any possibility of this or are you just stuck with out of the way routes??
sfi1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Unwanted Route Reply with quote

Welcome to navman !

Seriously, we all suffer from this. I assume you've got the "avoid urban areas" & "avoid toll roads" set correctly for your intended journey. You could pick intermediate points and save them as favourites and route to each one in turn. As a matter of interest you could try and select the route from the map screen (no gps) and take a look at the routing given (It helps if it's one you know well). Then follow the route exactly and see if it tries to route you away from this route. I've noticed this a lot and have sent evidence to navman. I'm sure that this recalculation also causes the routing to take you off at motorway junctions and then back onto the motorway.

It's a shame as i like the software but the 2 major problems i have with it are the recievers reception and the erratic routing. For a gps system it's 2 of most important things. I hope they sort it out in a future service pack or i'll be looking for alternatives.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: