Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - 2210: Disabling 'power on' on insert or removal of CF card
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

2210: Disabling 'power on' on insert or removal of CF card

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SjB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: 2210: Disabling 'power on' on insert or removal of CF card Reply with quote

Whenever my iPAQ 2210 is switched off (I know it's actually always 'on' but you know what I mean) it switches back on and the display comes to life whenever I insert a CF card.

Oddly, if switched 'off' and I remove a CF card it also switches 'on'.

It doesn't matter if the CF card is a normal memory card or the SysOnChip CF 256 antenna that I use.

How can I disable this annoying 'auto detect' feature, please, and instead only have the 2210 switch 'on' or 'off' when using the power switch?

Many thanks.
iPAQ 2210 / TomTom 5.10 / CheckPOInt 3 / SysOnChip CF card Antenna with 256Mb / Sandisk 1.0GB SD / Arklon amplified mount plus Brodit Proclip for Volvo V70 / 3.5mm-3.5mm audio lead for use with Autocom intercom on Honda Hornet motorbike
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to Start >Settings > System and check if there is an "autostart" item. If it is switch that off. If not - tough luck.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
exfive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had the same problem on the Toshiba e750. Spoke with their customer support (I don't think they actually understand what 'support' means) and have been told that basically because the PDA is never off or something like that, whenever you stick something in it or pull out, it installs or updates some drivers so that is why it turns the screen on and there's nothing that can be done about it. Don't know if it's true but that's what they claim.
SjB
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

No "autostart" option, lbendlin, and your Tosh experiences don't fill me with confidence exfive! I won't give up just yet though because I find this feature so damned annoying. I like software to do clever things that help me, not take control away from me.
iPAQ 2210 / TomTom 5.10 / CheckPOInt 3 / SysOnChip CF card Antenna with 256Mb / Sandisk 1.0GB SD / Arklon amplified mount plus Brodit Proclip for Volvo V70 / 3.5mm-3.5mm audio lead for use with Autocom intercom on Honda Hornet motorbike
exfive
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SjB - hope you find a solution. I you do, please keep me posted. Thanks Thumbs Up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: