Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman ICN 510 problems - Navman TS not interested!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman ICN 510 problems - Navman TS not interested!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
senwar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:28 pm    Post subject: Navman ICN 510 problems - Navman TS not interested! Reply with quote

I've been having some problems with my ICN510. Have virtually been unable to obtain a GPS signal for last 2 weeks. On the odd occassion it does get one, it drops it 5 seconds later.

I checked the FAQ's on the Navman site, and did as said (ensured the unit had clear sky view - always does, and plugged it in via cigarette lighter). My car also doesn't have a heated windshield. Still not working.

I therefore emailed Navman, and informed of the above, including what I'd tried. The reply from Navman ignored the info provided and asked me to ensure the unit had a clear view and the rest. However, they did inform me how to perform a GPS reset (I had already previously reset the unit).

I have spoken to them again today, and now been informed that as I bought the unit 2nd hand - one month old - it was no longer covered under warranty! Even though the unit has a manufactured date of 2005.1 so proves it is less than 12 months old!

They are just not interested. I am awaiting a call back from a 'manager' but don't hold any hope out.

Any ideas? If this is the case, I certainly will NEVER buy Navman again.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Navman ICN 510 problems - Navman TS not interested! Reply with quote

senwar wrote:
My car also doesn't have a heated windshield. Still not working.

It's the heat reflecting windscreens, not the heated ones, that give signal troubles.

Do you get a good signal when out of the car, and does it keep it? If so, and the signal drops dramatically when the unit is in the car, it would seem to be the windscreen.

If the signal is bad outside the car, it could be why someone sold it after 1 month. Sad Sorry.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: