Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT5 and the M6/M42
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT5 and the M6/M42
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superten
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:26 pm    Post subject: TT5 and the M6/M42 Reply with quote

Using TT5 on an IPAQ 5550.

Driving south yesterday on the M6 heading for the A14, but when you get to the M42 junction TT5 thinks the M42 is the M6 and tells you to keep left and via off.

Anybody else had this problem.

cheers
Matt
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes it good isnt it unfortunatly it seams to be a bug in the mapping 8O 8O 8O 8O iget it everytime i go down there

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
uk89camaro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least I'm not travelling across fields anymore when I'm on the M6 Toll!
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a newbie to GPS I tested TTN5 from Kendal in Cumbria, down the M6, down the M6 toll, M1, M25, M20, A20 to Dover and accross to Disneyland Paris from Calias. I thought the kit worked well under testing, although it did try and route me a slightly different way than I intended, but I pressed on with my own route anyway as my brother was in convoy with me.

On the way back, I got a severe case of some dazzling me with his main beams just outside of the port so pulled over to sort my self out. I told my brother to press on and I would meet him at some services later as it was the middle of the night and we both had kids in the cars, one in each car being under one. 25 to 30 mins and a nice cuppa tea later I pressed on but went the way Tomtom said this time thinking it was a bit of a daft route. I pressed on anyway and when I got the call to pull over at services I was only about 10 mins behind. However running the route in advanced planning at the services to explain the way I went it kept showing the route I would have originally taken which is fairly baffling, and my brother is still convinced I must have been speeding like a nutter as he had his boot down to put some distance between us as a wind up.
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="tomo1340"]

On the way back, I got a severe case of some dazzling me with his main beams just outside of the port so pulled over to sort my self out. quote]

I don't believe that is a word that has to be censored! I better make sure I mind my Ps and Q's at the dinner table tonight as I believe it is my turn to the salad!
Bazzer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear, language Tomo1340 !! Just think of all those children lurking on this forum who would be offended at such expletives. I'm absolutley shocked 8O

Baz
Garmin Montana 650
Garmin Oregon 45oT
Garmin Edge 1000
Tracklogs Digital Mapping
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I am so ashamed, I think I should go and Toss my self in the river.

I hear that they have banned cabre tossing at the highland games this year. Too offensive
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tomo1340 wrote:
Yes I am so ashamed, I think I should go and Toss my self in the river.

I hear that they have banned cabre tossing at the highland games this year. Too offensive

odd it seems to be working now!

Lol

or I can toss, be caught tossing but can't be called a .
jimbo_hippo
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All these programs seem to have duff areas. I had them in Navman SmartST V3 and in Tom Tom.

For example TT Nav5 takes you up the A1 but if you are going to the Tyne Tunnel it doesn't tell you bear right at the junction after the Washington services. It shows it on the map but doesn't give you the voice commands so its not that the route I'm taking isn't the one TT chooses. It just forgets to tell you!

Ironically I'm off to pick up the kids in about 10 minutes so I'll see what happens if I stay on the A1.

Thing is we all pick holes in the routes we know but thats not when we need it least! I suppose the route nav software might be taking you could well be longer than if you knew the route but its still shorter than driving round lost! I got ferried off the A19 once in pre-satnav times (i.e. last year) and spent 45minutes driving round Middlesborough only to apear one junction up with sight of the exit I left the road at. Now thats when you are glad you've got any route at all!
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was quite happy to be re routed and gain about 15 minutes. I just don't understand why when I input the route again it tells me to stick on the motorway and not come off like last time? Odd! Not consistant! Nothing has changed. I just can't explain why it would give me a different route under the same parameters when not requested.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the M6 / M42 problem every time I have been through that junction, annoying - but at the same time somewhat amusing - you are the driver and still have the right to disregard the device.

At least vs5 or above doesn't exhibit the trait that vs3 did when planning a route from a small village just south of Prestwick airport (GPS derived departure point) to Blackpool airport (I used this as I was going for a pint at my local rather than home loc'n) - the whole set up locked up and needed a full reinstall to get it to work again.

I know where the place was but have deliberatly avoided naming it as it will wreck any TT 3 users installation

Mike
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh go on, I know someone with tt3 in blackpool and it will be a laugh, well for me anyway, until he gets hold of me, I mean I am a big bloke like, but he is about 4 stone heavier, second thoughts, keep it to yourself.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomo, that is the exact reason I have avoided to post the exact location, although I know it recks a TT3 install, we have tried it on five different devices and showed the same same signs - after which they were useless, not a nice trick to play as it takes quite some time to restore.
I would like a rational explanation as to why it does this but I not too bothered - Mike
tomo1340
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
Tomo, that is the exact reason I have avoided to post the exact location, although I know it recks a TT3 install, we have tried it on five different devices and showed the same same signs - after which they were useless, not a nice trick to play as it takes quite some time to restore.
I would like a rational explanation as to why it does this but I not too bothered - Mike

I know it is late at night but I thought it was obvious it was a joke. Does it do it on TT5?

Its a scary thing to think about one wrong routing imput and you have your system. As luck would have it I only travel to the thornton area and not from prestwick so I shouldn't be worried. However how many other tomtom killing routes are out there? A trip to the zoo could end up with the new baby orangutang paying a visit to the vet with heavy 'ipaq' size bruising to the noggin. Brings new meaning to the term 'road rage'
adamf
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i posted this a few months ago?? sit back browse the map.. looks good m6 take the m42 then rejoin the m6 a bit further down yes what a crafty short cut when im following my mate i will all of a sudden dissapear then reapear infront of him wow :o :o but no :x :x if those big 2 ton apeace concrete blocks wernt there to stop you Twisted Evil up to the m42 jn 6 turn back around and rejoin m6 via jn 8 by this time he was at m6 j laughing his head off Laughing Laughing lean off your mistakes 8) 8) 8)

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: