Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - ICN 520 Route avoidance and general features.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

ICN 520 Route avoidance and general features.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds
View previous topic :: View next topic  
messer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:27 am    Post subject: ICN 520 Route avoidance and general features. Reply with quote

I have owned the ICN510 and a tomtom pocket pc system and find one big difference being the avoid part of route function. Tomtom allows you to quickly select a part of the route to avoid ie. avoid m62, road block next 5 mile etc. Where with Navman you have to browse the map and start drawing avoid areas, I found this a bit fiddly.

The 520 bumff states that a new feature is route avoidance. Does anyone have any experience of this in use and is it getting any closer to the Tomtom way of doing things.

Overall I think the Navman is a much more compact and attractive unit with the Tomtom Go looking very big, bulky and rounded with the mounting bracket taking up quite a bit of space as well. The mapson Navman seem more detailed and realistic compared to the rather simple way Tomtom displays the roads. The only off putting gripe about Navman is the autozoom on the map. As soon as you reach 35-40 mph the map zooms out to a great distance making everything look very small, it would be nice if you had some control over the zoom levels and at what speeds they are triggered.

Paul
BOXER
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HAVE JUST GOT THE 520 AND THIS LETS YOU TURN AUTO ZOOM OFF AND THEN SET IT TO HOW YOU PREFER.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navman Handhelds All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: