Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - What bluetooth receiver ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

What bluetooth receiver ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 10:20 am    Post subject: What bluetooth receiver ? Reply with quote

Looking to buy a bluetooth receiver but undecided what is the best buy,any peeps recommend a receiver for 2210 and TT5.

thanks
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it you just bought the TTN5 software and not package that comes with the TomTom MkII receiver. I'd definately recommend this receiver. I'm not a techy so wont start talking about SiRF III and all that stuff. But at the end of the day you know its going to be compatible without any fuss, it picks up sattelites without any fuss (even in your glove box), and its a damn fine looking piece of equipment!

If you look around theres another thread relating to this and two fairly big GPS retailers both recommend it too!
john1215
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm confused, I thought the GPS receiver needs to have sight of the sky to connect to any satellites? If this is so, how can a GPS receiver make such a connection in the cars glove box?

john21215
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john1215 wrote:
I'm confused, I thought the GPS receiver needs to have sight of the sky to connect to any satellites? If this is so, how can a GPS receiver make such a connection in the cars glove box?

To get the initial fixing its best to have sight of the sky but once the connection is there it seems to hold it wherever the receiver is located. I think its something to do with this SiRF III stuff but its all a bit techy for me....
ttrevor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Maxi,thanks for reply,i have been using TT2/3 and now upgraded to TT5.yes iwas thinking of the new TT receiver ,but i was also looking at the Holux 236 that seems to have a good write up,but as you say i would probably get less problems setting the TT one up,anyway thanks for your advice,i will see where the cheapest TT one is on the internet

cheers
Iphone x 64gb IOS 11.3.1 / IPhone 6 Plus 32gb IOS 12 beta /Volkswagen Scirocco R 280 bhp /Suzuki Vitara swb vvt+ /Suzuki Jimny special/running Apple Mac Mini / Apple air/ iPhone x /6 plus navigation / Apple car-play
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: TomTom MkII BT GPS receiver. Reply with quote

Question Does anyone know whether the new MkII receiver will charge in the Mark I docking station? There is a post July 1 which suggests it might.
My MkI receiver has just failed ( after 15 months) and I need a replacement - preferably without any compatiblity issues with my IPAQ 3970, running Navigator 5.10.
Any information would be most appreciated.
Maxi
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:36 am    Post subject: Re: TomTom MkII BT GPS receiver. Reply with quote

drrbr1 wrote:
Question Does anyone know whether the new MkII receiver will charge in the Mark I docking station? There is a post July 1 which suggests it might.

Never seen the MKI receiver in the flesh but by the look of the pictures I've seen of the docking station on the review on this site, I'd suggest it doesn't fit. Theres only 1 'jack' type charging socket on the MKII unit.

The unit comes with a charging lead for use in the car. I don't think there's currently an official mains charging lead, though I read on this link that some IPAQ mains chargers can be used to charge the Tomtom receiver:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=132206&highlight=#132206
Nords
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren recommended the SiRF3 chipset to me but I was wondering if anyone uses a nemerix chipset receiver or could compare against the SiRF?

Spec is per this ebay URL:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nemerix-16-Channels-Bluetooth-GPS-Receiver-NO-TAX_W0QQitemZ5801293239QQcategoryZ64371QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
floody
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I searched this forum for advice on this subject & the overall response was that the Globalsat BT-338 was up amongst the best, if not the best at the minute.
I have had mine for a week now & this little unit is fantastic. Read the review on it located in this site for spec & tech details.

You won't be disappointed.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: