Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - POI-Sync Service Beta
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

POI-Sync Service Beta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: POI-Sync Service Beta Reply with quote

I have added the new POI's that are listed on the news page which were added today, now to the sync service, so both manual download and sync service are showing the same POI's.

One word of caution, although I haven't tried it, you may find adding similar POI's from multiple countries may overwrite one or two OV2's, for instance if you added McDonalds from 3 or 4 countries. I have tried to keep these names as close as can be with the names we have been given when they have been submitted, if this does cause a problem, we might have to look at putting a prefix or suffice of the country onto each OV2 and BMP file.

If you want to test downloading of other countries, you can add these through the POIEdit Wizard, and sync them to your Pocket PC, you can then easily delete them by exploring your Pocket PC TomTom Country Directory and sorting by Modified Date and this will allow you to quickly select and delete the new POI's you've added under test.

The whole service is looking good, and all of the file errors have been ironed out, so we should be near to releasing this.

I think as people are purchasing the TomTom European Maps, we should keep a single XML file in place for the time being, but if we start to find some of the POI's specifically in large countries like the UK doubling in size, we may split this down to smaller seperate XML files.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: