Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PALM T5 WITH NOKIA 6230
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PALM T5 WITH NOKIA 6230

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:03 pm    Post subject: PALM T5 WITH NOKIA 6230 Reply with quote

Hi, I would be very grateful if anyone knew how to set up a Palm T5 to work with a Nokia 6230. I just cannot get tem to work with the internet or phone at all. Please help.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey duffer, good to see you back again! :D

I have a trusty T3 (but then you know that already Wink ) and a Nokia 6230. I might be able to help, but can you first confirm which phone company you're with and what tariff you use?

8)

BTW did you get Tomtom up and running on your T5?
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I am with Vodafone on a Monthly tariff. Hope you can help please. Happy New Year to you.
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On your T5 go to preferences, connection, then create a new connection. Set the settings as Connect to: Modem, via: Bluetooth, Device: Nokia 6230 (bluetooth discovery), Dialling: Touchtone, Volume: Low. In 'details', speed: 57,600 bps, Flow ctl: automatic. There is no init string.

In preferences, network, create a new service called "GPRS Internet". User name is 'web' & password 'web' (I think - you may need to check this). Connection is the one you set up above. Phone is *99#. In details, connection type: PPP, Idle timeout: never, Query DNS and IP address should both be ticked. Script should be empty (ie first line should be 'End' and the rest should be blank).

For the settings on the 6230 I'm not sure I can help you - I'm on a different tariff system so I think it is all different. If you phone vodafone then they'll talk you through the setup on your phone.
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: GETTING PALM T5/TOMTOM5 TO WORK WITH NOKIA 6230 Reply with quote

I still cannot get my Nokia 6230 to work with the Palm T5 - Basically I have TT5 installed on the Palm and when I try to get TomTomPlus I am unable to connect. I have GPRS enables and on the 6230

a. Is the phone compatable with Palm
b. What are the connections
c. Has anyone got any ideas please?
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duffer,

Are you using a wired GPS receiver or a bluetooth one? If bluetooth, you won't get Tomtomplus working on a T5. The Palm software is limited to one bluetooth device connection at a time, so if your GPS has it then nothing else will work until you drop the GPS connection.

If you're on a wired GPS then it should be okay (but since I am scuppered with a bluetooth GPS I don't know anything about connecting Tomtomplus).
moggers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya

You may need the update files from palmone support for T5 website. it includes a file with an updated list of phones supported for bluetooth linking (including the 6230). Incidently this works with 6230i.

Goto:
http://euro.palm.com/europe/en/support/tungstent5.html

(which has quite a few options) and click on "phone-link update"

install it onto T5 and then it works a treat for phone dialer, sms, webbrowsing and ofcourse versamail (or snapper for the initiated). U do need the right set up on ur T5 which are network dependant (most imp of which is the outgoing server for the emails -eg smtp.orange.net). Most networks have a pda section in their support and will guide u through the settings. Otherwise what eillo7 said is spot on.

If you do get any probs do let me know as i have a T5 and 6230 (now 6230i) but on Orange &have them working. ....now if i can only get this wretched haicom to work.......*grumble grumble* ;)

Hope that helps
GPS: Hiacom Hi-204E with Hi-403BT
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moggers,

Thanks for your help, I still cannot get the dammed!! thing to work, I have downloaded the phone link update. Could you please send me the settings. I believe the driver for the 6230 is in the UPDD as I canot see it listed on the Palm.

I am trying through GPRS to get TomTom Plus on the Palm through TT5 in order to get Traffic Plus.

On the Palm in preferences there is Bluetooth, Network Phone and Connections - I am confused.

On my 6230 I have GPRS, although I have to press a button to connect to it.
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moggers,

Thanks for your help, I still cannot get the dammed!! thing to work, I have downloaded the phone link update. Could you please send me the settings. I believe the driver for the 6230 is in the UPDD as I canot see it listed on the Palm.

I am trying through GPRS to get TomTom Plus on the Palm through TT5 in order to get Traffic Plus.

On the Palm in preferences there is Bluetooth, Network Phone and Connections - I am confused.

On my 6230 I have GPRS, although I have to press a button to connect to it.
duffer
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for double post - wrong time of the day!!!
eillo7
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duffer,

when you have TT5 running on your T5 and you try to connect your T5 to your 6230, are you using a bluetooth GPS receiver? If so, your Palm can handle only 1 bluetooth connection at a time so you won't be able to connect to your phone too.

If you're using a wired GPS receiver then there is hope...
moggers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the T5 probably cant handle >1 bluetooth device ...having said that i dont know that for sure.

Eitherway GPRS doesnt not go via the phone ...well in a way it does but the pda uses the phone to connect so u will need the T5 to be set up right. The settings for T5 are quite intuative to a point:

click on the following:
the bluetooth sign in the tray
then prefs
then setup devices
then phone setup
then on the "world sign" (might say GPRS)

then carry on through -choosing ur phone provider. It might work from there. If not you may need to tweek the settings, but these will be SPECIFIC to ur mobile phone network. If ur with orange pm me and we can chat/give u my settings. Otherwise call up customer services for advise.

cheers
GPS: Hiacom Hi-204E with Hi-403BT

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: