Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Speed Camera database download to TomTom Go 300
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Speed Camera database download to TomTom Go 300

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Slingsby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Speed Camera database download to TomTom Go 300 Reply with quote

After many hours of effort I have reached the stage where the Great Britain Map Folder in my TomTom Go 300 includes the PocketGPS sections for gatso,redlight,mobile and specs. I honestly thought that I had finally cracked it but NO - nothing whatever relating to speed cameras appears in the POI list!
I have to accept that there is nothing to be gained from going through the process again.
PLEASE can anyone help me? Alternatively can the download be done professionally anywhere?

Peter
riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah but are you putting the files in not the folders,i should know cos i made that mistake!Open the folders and just put the ov2 file in and it,s matching bmp file can,t go wrong really.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There can be 3 setups for speed cameras.

The first is a single file that contains all the cameras together, without any reference to what type. This is named pocketgps_uk_sc.ov2 and found in the 'single file version' folder.

Second is the 5 file version that divides the cameras into types. Gatso, Mobile, Specs, Redlight and Temporary. These you will find in the 'ov2 bmp' folder.

Third is the full 17 file version that divides the Gatso and Mobile files into speed zones. There are 7 each of the Gatso and Mobile files. These are found in the 'speed zoned/gatso/ov2 bmp' and speed zoned/mobile/ov2 bmp' folders. Add to these the Specs, Redlight and Temporary files as above.

I have not included the Continental file because you will only need this if going to the continent.. But should you want it , it's in the 'ov2 bmp' folder.

When you've decided which set you want copy each .ov2 file, and it's matching .bmp file to your map folder. Then setup the POI's in Manage POI.

As explained above, do not copy the folders, only the files.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Slingsby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: My problems downloading Cameras to TomTom 300 Reply with quote

Smile
Thank you very much for your rapid response to my sos!

I now have a POI listed as "pocketgps uk sc" and was invited to choose a warning sound. This all seems encouraging and I shall take my jag out on a camera hunt to see what happens! What do you think?

As you had both guessed, I seem to have transfered folders rather than files.
Thanks again,
Peter
Slingsby
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:14 pm    Post subject: Downloading camera files to TomTom 300 Reply with quote

Hello Robert

I am hopeful that your download advice will have solved my difficulties - I haven't been able to try it out on the road yet.
In your very helpful posting you pointed out that there are three download methods (hoping to play safe I chose the Single File!).

Is the end result the same in all three methods or does one have advantages over the other?

Peter
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the cameras are listed in each of the three methods.

The single file doesn't give any indication of what type of camera to expect.

The 5 file set gives an indication of the type of camera, but not of the speed that the camera will be checking for.

The 17 file set gives the added facility to 'know' the speed setting of the Gatso and Mobile cameras. Most users prefer to know the speed setting, but it uses up more POI categories.

riddler
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Oldboy,Is there any way you can get speed recognition for the specs camera warnings as we there seem to be plenty of these in the area where i live?
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the Spec cameras only measure the average speed, it's not so important about the speed as you approach them. If you know they are there it should be obvious what the speed limit will be on that road.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: