Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Future of Emtac - info
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Future of Emtac - info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nichop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Future of Emtac - info Reply with quote

I've just had a good chat with a guy at Emtac (actually ITOCHU Europe) re the future of the Emtac bluetooth receiver. My concern over these units is the battery life and also replacing the battery when they start to loose lifetime. Two interesting points

1. The batteries can be replaced. You have to return the units to ITOCHU who in turn send them off to Taiwan for replacement batteries to be fitted. This is the process at the moment but they are looking to improve this in the future.

2. They are developing a version whose batteries work like a mobile phone, ie you can just click in a new charged battery when out in the field. Expected release date is end of the year. Also he said there would be an upgrade path for existing owners, although too early to say what this would be at the moment.
aero
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Future of Emtac - info Reply with quote

Handy info to know, thank you.

I suppose at the end of it's battery life you could always leave it permanently plugged in to the 12v accessory socket if you use it in-car only.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Interestingly this was the hot news last November just before the current model was released. The target release date then was early this year. I nearly waited to get that model. Glad I didnt bother.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: