Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - No maps found!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

No maps found!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martin46
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:31 pm    Post subject: No maps found! Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Hi I'm back again already, first problem and backup of TTN5 to cd now done ! I have now tried to copy TTN 5 to another SD Card (256MB) but when I launch Tom Tom all I get displayed is'No maps found!' What have I done wrong this time Question (hopefully I'll get better at this ) 8O
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using a card reader to load the data on to the sd card then that may be the problem, try going to the files that you saved to your main pc and make sure that they have NO attributes set at all, not even Archive, then try copying them to the sd card, if that does not work then even though you may be able to see them when using the card reader, you will need to delete them from the sd card using the card reader and then put the card into your PDA or whatever and use ActiveSync to transfer the files to the card that way, it's just that some card readers will not load the data to the card in the correct format that the PDA can read.

May take 25-35 mins to transfer just the map data that way, but it usually works.
Martin46
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: No maps found -the saga continues..............part 2 Reply with quote

Embarassed This is driving me nuts I can't uncheck the archive attributes through activsync route still unable to open new SD card! Sad
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will not be able to change the attributes on the cd, you would need to copy the files from the cd to a folder on your main pc, then try changing the attributes, then transfer them to the card.
Martin46
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused There is nothing to load from the cd with Tom Tom Nav 5 I could only make my backup to PC from the memory card ( as per instruction on the installation poster 'we strongly recommend that you back up your memory crd before use.............. )and then the attributes appear to be locked with only the Archive box being ticked , or am I missing something out to achieve this? CD only has Read the manual - Go online for up to date information . - Install free demo's etc - Visit www.tpmtom.com - & then Quit ' . Nothing loadable from CD .........HELP !!!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite sure how you have been trying to do this, but make sure you are not on-line, disable any anti-virus, firewall etc, then connect your unit via ActiveSync with the original card in it, then on the ActiveSync menu - Options - Rules - Conversion Settings, un-tick the Convert files when synchronized.

Now using ActiveSync Explore, browse to your units storage card, then high-light all the files on the card, then copy and paste them to a folder on your main pc, this is going to take some time, and it may look like ActiveSync is re-starting the transfer as the progress bar keeps going back to the start, ITS NOT, its just that ActiveSync does that, after about 30-35 mins it will do it, now put your new card into your unit and copy them back from the the folder on your main pc to the new card on your unit again using ActiveSync.

If that does not work then I don't know myself, yes using a card reader should work and be a much faster but as I said before some just will not work.

The ActiveSync route should always work ok.

Don't forget to re-activate your Anti-virus etc.
Martin46
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: AND FINALLY -MAPS -ALL WORKING !!!! Reply with quote

Not Worthy Thanks at last I have managed to get the new SD Card up and running .Being new to PDA/SAT NAV I needed that step by step guide to get it right ( kept a note of it for future reference ) :D Thanks again Exclamation Exclamation
LiveLifeGoJump
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a similar problem copying maps (both Tomtom & MM) using a card reader. Even the ppc file explorer did not read the card correctly (it still saw the files that were no longer on the card. I found out that if you do a soft reset or SWITCH ON then SWITCH OFF the ppc (Mio 168 but think it applies to other ppcs as well) the problem is sorted.

It would appear as if the operating system sees the card in similar way to how a desktop sees a hard disc (you have to let BIOS setup find the new HD). The best way to force this seems to be set the ppc 'wake up' to occur on removing or inserting SD card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: