Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mobile Phone GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mobile Phone GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j_mchattie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:16 am    Post subject: Mobile Phone GPS Reply with quote

Hi,

I used to have a Magellen Meridian Gold - but i needed the money and had to sell it. Grrrrrrr.

Im now looking to upgrade my mobile phone, but want to get one which will work with bluetooth GPS modules.

I'll be using it for street navigation (car), and also for mountain nav (Lake District) - Can anyone recommend a phone/gpd module? I'm confused as to compatability issues. Im very interested in the Ericsson K750i and would like a module to suit that.

The sort of map quality im looking for is OS, or even space images (if thats possible?)

Thanks

James
Apnomis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm afraid you will not get GPS on the Sony K750i. I too was interested in a Sony phone at first (different model), but I quickly came to realise that only their "P" series of phones run Symbian. The K750i does seem to look and act like a "Smartphone", like the other model I was looking at, but it is not and unless I'm very much mistaken GPS software of any kind will only work on mobiles with either a Symbian based OS or a Windows Mobile based OS.
j_mchattie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: MobitrackPro Reply with quote

Ive seen a Java based program called MobitrackPro which runs on the K750i - Seems to work for other people.

Ive bought the phone now anyway - guess i should stop being cheapo and get a proper GPS unit.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: