Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - German forum Pocketnavigation.de
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

German forum Pocketnavigation.de

View previous topic :: View next topic  
I2C
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: German forum Pocketnavigation.de Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

somebody named Ron showed up on our board here, trying to gather people for inforamtion exchange.
I had a short look here, and you all seem to have similar problems with destinator thatn we have.
Since i am on for vacation, i will just make some comments on solutions we have found or got by users, and will be back after a week again to go into details.

So, on for some hints:
1) The lousy POI-Sound installation setup loss can be worked araound either by modifyeing some setup in the setup file, or simply be blocked by read-only setup of the favourites.ini in folder favourites.

2) Some user wrote a small programm running on PDA to feature Koordinate-input into Favourites.

3) the same about sorting favourites regarding distances to a specified point - useful for mobile home users, LPG-users and more.

4) lots of skin-modification and knowledge

5) nobody knows about green arrow remove :-((((

so far, these seem to be the most important issues. Perhpas we use this thread simply to exchange, and make additional threads for items discussion ( if you all allow me to establish this proposal)

Greetings....
I2C
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops - no chance to edit a post here?

i forgot to mention there is a program to convert POI files between .DAT. .CSV and .ASC format. (POICon173)

A german programm wrote a nice program POI-View which can edit POIs as well as show them in a map survey, remove doubles and so on. Shareware, but a free version as well. (POI View)
h5djr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I must admit I have been looking in on the pocketnavigation.de Destinator PN forum for some time, even before I upgraded to PN. It appears to be full of useful imformation, but as I speak very liitle German I have been struggling, even using Bable Fish.
I2C
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h5djr wrote:
Yes I must admit I have been looking in on the pocketnavigation.de Destinator PN forum for some time, even before I upgraded to PN. It appears to be full of useful imformation, but as I speak very liitle German I have been struggling, even using Bable Fish.

dont worry, i am eager to share and to port informations. Are the above hints of any use or do you have solutuions here ?
Ron21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:50 pm    Post subject: Thanks Guys Reply with quote

Thanks guys, hope your participation in this forum is of benefit to both our English & German colleagues.

Regards
Ron
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:01 pm    Post subject: Cross channel links Reply with quote

I like Ron have been checking out the german site, but again using various web-based translators its not too easy.

I am certainly interested in sharing informaion and views.

Regarding your hints are these for PN ??

Also do you know anyway to increase the postcode input string to our full UK code or even another program to run along side destinator

When you say the green arrow remove? Can you explain !

Mikey
TheRock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Cross channel links Reply with quote

MikeyF wrote:

Most users complain about the position mark in PN (looks like a green stealth fighter)
But as I2C mentioned, until today we haven't found a solution to change it.

Rock
Navholic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello from Germany,
the problem with the so called "dynamic position indicator" (stealth fighter) is that it changes it's size with speed. This thing get bigger and bigger as slower you drive an finally covers up some details of the map you mide interested in.

Nav
Navholic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder erer y signature went ?
Navholic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be careful here, no editing - and still no signature - last try

Nav
I2C
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Re: Cross channel links Reply with quote

MikeyF wrote:
I like Ron have been checking out the german site, but again using various web-based translators its not too easy.

I am certainly interested in sharing informaion and views.

Regarding your hints are these for PN ??

Also do you know anyway to increase the postcode input string to our full UK code or even another program to run along side destinator

Mikey

Mikey,

all my hints are for PN, but if appropriate theyx are valid for desti3 as well ( since i used 3 before)

postcode input string? i didnt worry about this because we dont have that problem in Germany, but i didnt knew there is an input limitation.... at least the data format in the DAT file has no limitations.
I would guess you can use POIView to edit dat files includeing all possipilities to modify postcode, and if i think i will produce some more programms wich can edit these. (my new sorter POISORT will be able as well)
greetings
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:22 pm    Post subject: Postcode Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply I2C.

At least this answers the question of why we can't search in the UK for our full postcode sting addresses. ('cos program written in Germany)

Cheers

Mikey
I2C
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Postcode Reply with quote

MikeyF wrote:
Thanks for the reply I2C.

At least this answers the question of why we can't search in the UK for our full postcode sting addresses. ('cos program written in Germany)

Cheers

Mikey

???
I am puzzled.... the POIView program will surely be able to search...

please tell me WHICH search function do you have in mind, exactly?
MikeyF
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: searches Reply with quote

In destinator, you can search for a postcode then a street, but with the shortened postcode string it doesn't narrow the search down far enough as sometimes the actual road you need isn't an option.

With other packages you can actually search for the full postcode string eg. CF11 7PE and get to the actual street

To see what i mean log onto www.multimap.co.uk or com and search for CF11 7 (destinator style) - you don't get anything (with destinator you get Ferry road. which isn't correct)

CF11 7PE - you actually get the street

It's a big difference !! with our full postcodes they actually point to a small goup of addresses.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: