Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - viamichelin/mapsonic issues
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

viamichelin/mapsonic issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zinzan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: viamichelin/mapsonic issues Reply with quote

hi,

Just got Zire 72 with viamichelin gps.

installed 2.5 which worked fine (slow though)

after registering got the email to upgrade, so have done so - to 3.0 and then to 3.01

Problem i have is now language on pda is french and there is no way to change this, as mapsonic on my pc starts up, then says "no maps available" and then closes again.

have tried reinstalls to no avail...

any help would be much appreciated!!

frustrating!!!!!!!

Regards,

H.
Honda
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the palm, start Navigation, Click on 'setting's which has the gears symbol, click on 'general' which has the hammer and wrench symbol and then top left is 'language' with the speech bubble. Scroll through the languages until you get to 'English'.

Not sure why Mapstore is coming up with 'no maps available', I can only think that when you upgraded you changed the default folder and Mapstore can't find the maps anymore.
zinzan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm

had englsigh language selected! - the mapstore problem was due to dicky shortcut, sorted that ok.. now cant get it to transfer maps!

seems to be a problem with the install on my pc - there were two copies there, and they dont seem to want to uninstall.. - have done a clean install on my other comp and its worked fine... englsih language both in text and voice..hopefully maps will transfer ok too........

thanks,

H.
zinzan
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: incidently Reply with quote

any tips on how to remove the dodgy installations would be appreciated! - the updates just try to reinstall themselves, and the original setup programme hangs midway through, so i have to reboot, and it's removed the items in the start menu and the shortcuts, but the programme is still on hard drive, even deleting this does no good, so i'd say there are some lingering registry entries etc. cause each new install to go wrong inn the same manner.....
old_lou
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 12:37 pm    Post subject: Re: viamichelin/mapsonic issues Reply with quote

zinzan wrote:
hi,

mapsonic on my pc starts up, then says "no maps available" and then closes again.

have tried reinstalls to no avail...

any help would be much appreciated!!

frustrating!!!!!!!

Regards,

H.

I had this problem "no maps" failed to work after reinstall worked for me when I reinstalled after first deinstalling the software in windows. As it was a fresh install I was not worried about losing the poi stuff
Cob
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using XP, do a roll back to a point prior to the first install.
Regarding no maps found, my mapsonic needs a map of some kind as a default to open the program. Since I wanted my UK map on the SD card, I selected a small area in mapstore and exported it to the pda. Mapsonic then opened up with that map, then I was able to select the larger map on the card.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Hardware and Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: