Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Purchasing Used SPIII -- Registration/Ownership Issues?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Purchasing Used SPIII -- Registration/Ownership Issues?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alterscape
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Purchasing Used SPIII -- Registration/Ownership Issues? Reply with quote

Several years ago, my godfather bought my godmother a Basic Edition SPIII for her birthday. He's really into new tech-toys, she isn't, and as such, it mostly languished in a closet. Recently, he offered to sell it to me, since I'm moving soon and could use a nice moving-map to avoid getting lost in the new city. However, I know from helping them install Mapsource and re-unlock maps on a new PC once that Garmin's pretty paranoid about theft of units -- I had to provide a bunch of my godmother's personal information to convince them I hadn't stolen it when I was making the call to retrieve the unlock code.

So, my question is, how friendly is Garmin when it comes to re-assigning ownership of an SPIII, provided the previous owner will tell them it was sold to me? Should I bother purchasing the used unit, or is it just going to be some sort of giant endless cycle of frustration?
Alterscape
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eek, it looks like I can't edit old messages here, so, I'll just reply to my own post -- I searched around on the forum and found ferret79's reply on another thread. Looks like I can indeed get legal ownership of the SPIII, which is a relief. Sorry for the inconvenience, everyone.
ferret79
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should be no problem regarding your new ownership of your Garmin..I would sugest you get the previose owner to phone Garmin and pass on the details to them of the new owner once you have done this you will have no problem.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: