Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigator 5 cleanout
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigator 5 cleanout

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Navigator 5 cleanout Reply with quote

I installed Navigator 5 and found that it didn't support my GPS.

I downloaded the 5.1 update and then, accidentally, overwrote the TT5 software with a TT3 patch (I think).

Now TT complains that it cannot find any TT3 maps and I cannot overwrite the software with a Nav5 or 5.1 update.

Is there a utility that will completely clean out the Nav5 installation so that I can start again?

Alternatively, is the problem that I am seeing in any way familar?

It's a real pain to spend 60 odd Euro and now have something that is totally useless !

Many thanks
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT5 won't work with TT3 maps. I don't understand why TT5 won't install over the TT3. Simple thing owuld be to uninstall all the TT stuff and delete all the TT Navigator folders. Then yo ucan instalal TT5 afresh with TT5 maps and the activaiton code wil lremain unchanged.

As for TT5 not working with your GPS, are you sure? All TT5 needs is an NMEA stream. What GPSr is it?
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Julian,

I'm using a Rikaline 6020 Compact flash GPS unit together with an expansion jacket on my ipaq 3950.

It seemed that, when I had TT5 installed, it refused to find the receiver. I set the unit to point to the Rikaline Mtg Corp driver and with a baud rate of 9600. I gave it ages to find a fix but it didn't. All of these settings worked fine with TT3.

Then I tried to install the 5.1 fix thinking that the patch may have a better driver and then I managed to screw things up.

This evening I will remove all of the TT5 software (or try to) and do a fresh install. If this doesn't work I'll try a hard reset and a fresh install (I only use the Pocket PC as a GPS) and see if this helps.

Any further thoughts from yourself or others?
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most GPS units have historically defaulted to 4800 and from memory, that is what TT5 (and most applications) default to.
fmfm20j
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi once again Julian,

Result!

I did a hard reset of the Pocket PC and reinstalled the TT5 navigator and UK maps. I set the baud rate to 4800 and, after 20 minutes, I got a sat fix.

I've left the unit running overnight in the car just to make sure that it can maintain the signal. Tomorrow I'll see how long a warm fix takes.

The key point is that it is working and that is a big relief.

Thanks for your help.

Ian
julianbarker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad it worked.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: