Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TTNav2 Upgrading (in general)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TTNav2 Upgrading (in general)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTNav2 Upgrading (in general) Reply with quote

When I first used TTNav (2.00), I found it to be very unstable on my system so I upgraded to 2.02 as soon as I could. Version 2.02 is still my current software as I have found it to be a reasonably stable version for my set-up and I don’t see the need to constantly upgrade when there is no apparent benefit for my system. I may be wrong but I didn’t feel it necessary to upgrade to 2.05.

However, TTNav 2.22 has just been released and it has features that look interesting and very useful to have. Basically I want it! However, probably because I’m a mainframe analyst, I don’t trust newly released “Bleeding Edge” software and so I’ll wait a few days to see if TTNav2.22 causes any problems.

My question is this: Does the latest upgrade of TTNav always include all of the previous ones? I.e. could you install TTNav 2.00 straight from the CD and use the 2.22 upgrade and have everything from the 2.02 and 2.05 upgrades as well?

Or is it a prerequisite of the latest upgrade to have the previous one(s) loaded? This is quite often the case for mainframe “fixes”?

And finally, is there a single (web) page that outlines the history of TTNav2 and what each upgrade gives?

Thanks,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
StephenP
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: TTNav2 Upgrading (in general) Reply with quote

Well, the download page on the TomTom site states the following, which seems to answer all your questions:

1. You do not need to uninstall your current version.

2. On an empty machine (e.g. after a hard reset), you do not need to install a previous version before you install this upgrade (but you DO need to install voice prompts and maps)

3. You will not need to re-activate your software.

lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

Second that. All TomTom versions have always included the functionality of all their predecessors. This is even true for the jump from 1.50 to 2.00. (Internally 2.00 beta was called 1.70 ...). This means you do not need to keep any old versions (unless you are unhappy with the new version).

2.22 has been tested extensively by alot of people. It's not bleeding edge any more. The only real problems that I saw are related to map data issues - these are independent of the program version.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Stephen and Lutz,

Thank you for your help and advice. I successfully installed TTNav2.22 last night and it worked OK on the journey into work this morning. The new features look good, but I won't be able to have a proper test of it until the weekend.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: