Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TT Bluetooth SiRF III GPS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TT Bluetooth SiRF III GPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: TT Bluetooth SiRF III GPS Reply with quote

Is it worth upgrading to this new receiver. Are the benefits over the original worth £100? Does it avoid the wandering off course.

Ipaq 2210
TT Bluetooth GPS Mk1
512Mb San Disk Ultra II CF GB, Benelux +
1 Gb San Disk Ultra II SD Europe maps
CJackel492
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new TomTom receiver is good when it's good,

But when it's bad, It's useless,

It needs good coverage when you power up the receiver and if the receiver isn't in the same place, then it will take a long time to find the satalites,

When it does get a good signal and was in the same place when it powered off, then it's great, works very well,

Battery life of over 8 hours,

Don't like the fact that it self powers down after you disconnect the bluetooth (5 minutes?),

Carl,
Trevor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very impressed with it. Originally had a Navman sleeve on my Ipaq then changed car to a Renault with heat reflective screen and the Navman struggled to get a fix. Replaced with TT5 Mk2 and in the same position it locks on everytime within 30sec and I don't think I have seen it with below 8 satellites locked on.
drrbr1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:45 pm    Post subject: TomTom MkII BT receiver Reply with quote

Question Does anybody know whether this can be recharged using the original MkI receiver docking station/charging cradle. A posting 1st July suggests it can be.
My Mk1 receiver has just failed (after 15 months) and I am looking for a replacement for an IPAQ 3970/ Navigator 5.10 combo without any compatibility issues. I have e-mailed TomTom but am not holding my breath!
Only the charging cradle aspect really attracts me to TomTom, since this is hard wired into the central glove locker and worked very well indeed with the MkI receiver. If anyone has any other suggestions they are most welcome.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: