Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Advance warnings when sound is muted
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Advance warnings when sound is muted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
knowsnothing
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Advance warnings when sound is muted Reply with quote

When I was using TT3 If I muted the sound (i.e. voice directions) the speed camera wanings would still sound. (I didn't deliberately change anything for this to happen - it just did). Now I'm on TT5 if I mute the voice the speed camera the warnings are also muted. Can I set up TT5 so that I don't have to listen to that bl**dy womans voice but I do hear the speed camera warnings?
Donald
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Advance warnings when sound is muted Reply with quote

knowsnothing wrote:
When I was using TT3 If I muted the sound (i.e. voice directions) the speed camera wanings would still sound. (I didn't deliberately change anything for this to happen - it just did). Now I'm on TT5 if I mute the voice the speed camera the warnings are also muted. Can I set up TT5 so that I don't have to listen to that bl**dy womans voice but I do hear the speed camera warnings?

Not tried it myself (yet) but have a look at http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/silent.html

Hope that helps

regards
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Advance warnings when sound is muted Reply with quote

knowsnothing wrote:

That's because in TT3 the warnings were not done by TT, but by a custom program, such as POIWarner.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
daveLDC
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:50 am    Post subject: MUTE? Reply with quote

Do you mean that you want to just have the scrolling map display of where you are? In TT5, you just go to the 2nd option page and tap on "Clear Route". That way you still have the poi warnings without any voice promts.
Laughing
SEIDIO 2500 Amplified mount.
Mikeact
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: TT5 Reply with quote

Or....go into the change voice option....select a voice that is not downloaded...and hey presto, done...no voice but still got your POI warnings ! (And it does work...best to set the volume you're happy with first though )

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: