Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - More apps for your Go!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

More apps for your Go!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:50 pm    Post subject: Updates available Reply with quote

Updates to autoswitcher, satsync and quickam (time is unchanged) Satsync should be a little more resiliant to dodgy data, it may take a little longer to sync the time, but it should cope better with bad packets. Note SatSync no longer exits after syncing, it remains in memory and will sync every 8 hours, there is no longer an icon to start it, it should be run from cleanup.txt

Quickam now writes the speed you were doing at the time you started it in kph and mph (the numbers in brackets at the end of the description kmh first, then mph)

Autoswitcher, just some internal code fixes for accuracy

SC
ajlee7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates available Reply with quote

ScaredyCat wrote:
Updates to autoswitcher, satsync and quickam (time is unchanged) Satsync should be a little more resiliant to dodgy data, it may take a little longer to sync the time, but it should cope better with bad packets. Note SatSync no longer exits after syncing, it remains in memory and will sync every 8 hours, there is no longer an icon to start it, it should be run from cleanup.txt

Quickam now writes the speed you were doing at the time you started it in kph and mph (the numbers in brackets at the end of the description kmh first, then mph)

Autoswitcher, just some internal code fixes for accuracy

SC

ScaredyCat, thanks for all your help. I've been able to create new menu by creating a new file called tomtom.mnu and moving it to a folder called SdkRegistry as per this thread http://www.mytomtomgo.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2013 . However, I would like to move your apps to my TT as well and I see to zip files. What exactly do I extract and into which folder(s)? Thanks.
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Updates available Reply with quote

First of all many thanx to Scaredycat for even mor great work!!! :D :D :D

ajlee7 wrote:
However, I would like to move your apps to my TT as well and I see to zip files. What exactly do I extract and into which folder(s)? Thanks.
Read the README file in the download all is explained there. You need to add v5.202 aswel tho.
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more thing.

It wont let me set the time zone to summer time or any other time zone so as a result it thinks the time is 1hour earlier than it is.

Make that two more things.

The tomtom.mnu file did not work for me the sdk menu options were in the wrong order. For me the sdk options are numbered in the order they appear in the SdkRegistry that is alphabetical order. I have sorted the menus for myself because I already used your custom menus but just to let you know if the menu works for you the sdk menu options must get numbered differently for different people.
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another update - sorry,

Keef spotted some stupidity on my part, this is now fixed.

SC
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim-Bob wrote:
One more thing.
It wont let me set the time zone to summer time or any other time zone so as a result it thinks the time is 1hour earlier than it is.

Yes this is true. What it really is, is "the offset from UTC your timezone is currently using" - but that might confuse people ;)

Jim-Bob wrote:

The tomtom.mnu file did not work for me the sdk menu options were in the wrong order. For me the sdk options are numbered in the order they appear in the SdkRegistry that is alphabetical order. I have sorted the menus for myself because I already used your custom menus but just to let you know if the menu works for you the sdk menu options must get numbered differently for different people.

Trust me, it's more painful for me than you ;) - The problem is you can't actually say "put this program here", you can only say "add one of the programs here" - i think it may be to do with the order they are written to the card ie first one becomes SDK1 - it's a bit hit and miss and quite frankly stupid.

SC
nich
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
I know this is basic to most of you , but to a thicky like me , i just dont understand. Can someone please talk me through the istalation of this program. I have downloaded doth parts and dont know where to stick them
cheers.
shaung5
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

installed everything ok. only problem i am having is that on page 1 of menu enable auto switcher is located, when i touch this the tom tom freezes, the only way to restart is to reconnect to my mac ..

any ideas ?

shaun
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nich wrote:
Hi all
I know this is basic to most of you , but to a thicky like me , i just dont understand. Can someone please talk me through the istalation of this program. I have downloaded doth parts and dont know where to stick them
cheers.

Both of the folders in the downloaded folder named "catapps_24-july-fix1" need to be put in the root of the GO.

Out of the folder named"ttgapps" the folder named skin needs to be put in the root.

In the folder named "ttgapps" there is another folder named "ttgoapp-5.202" all the contents of this need puting in the root. when you do this it will warn you these files already exist. click that you do want to overwrite them.

In the folder named "ttgapps" there is another folder named "copy_to_maps_folders" copy the contents of this to all the map folders in the GO probably named something like "Great-Britain-Map" depending on what map you have.

In the folder named "ttgapps" there is a file named cleanup. copy this to the root.

Good luck!

shaung5 wrote:
when i touch this the tom tom freezes, the only way to restart is to reconnect to my mac ..

This does not like to be turned on if it allready is on.

shaung5 wrote:
only problem i am having is that on page 1 of menu enable auto switcher is located

Go into the GOs root then into the SdkRegistry then rename the file called tomtom.mnu or called tomtom if you cant see the extention to something like tomtom1.mnu

Now turn on the go and goto menu page 4 and report back the order the icons apear in order rom top left to top right then from botom left to botom right.

That is if you want quick cam add on the first page as it is ment to be.

scaredyCat wrote:
Yes this is true. What it really is, is "the offset from UTC your timezone is currently using" - but that might confuse people

Well confused me.

What I mean is I have read somewere that this option asks you to set a timezone. But for me it just goes back to the navigation screen.
ajlee7
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: Updates available Reply with quote

Jim-Bob wrote:
First of all many thanx to Scaredycat for even mor great work!!! :D :D :D

ajlee7 wrote:
However, I would like to move your apps to my TT as well and I see to zip files. What exactly do I extract and into which folder(s)? Thanks.
Read the README file in the download all is explained there. You need to add v5.202 aswel tho.

Thanks - I figured it out. I should have unzipped first and then read the README file. I was trying to extract each file indiviually.
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim-Bob wrote:

In the folder named "ttgapps" there is another folder named "ttgoapp-5.202" all the contents of this need puting in the root. when you do this it will warn you these files already exist. click that you do want to overwrite them...

Thanks for helping out Jim-Bob... So many fora so many messages :D

Jim-Bob wrote:

What I mean is I have read somewere that this option asks you to set a timezone. But for me it just goes back to the navigation screen.

Mmmm, strange. Do you have the tz file in catapps? It should bring up a really basic looking GUI with a + button, a - button, a number and a Save button. All it really is is an interface to the tz file. Can you give me details on your Go model and a direcctory listing (pm me)

SC
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a couple of extras on my site now. RG has provided icon graphics for some of the applications.. and I've added another application:

n2c - Navigate to Lat/Lon

SC
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is ok now. I redownloaded and now works fine. mustav bin a bad file.

Another thing I have noticed is satsync does not apear in the menu because the file named satime in SdkRegistry contains this:

Code:
Version|100|
AppName|satime|
AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/catapps/|
AppIconFile|satime.bmp|
AppMainTitle|SatSync|
AppPort|2001|

not this

Code:
Version|100|
AppName|satime|
AppPath|/mnt/sdcard/catapps/|
AppIconFile|satime.bmp|
AppMainTitle|SatSync|
AppPort|2001|
COMMAND|CMD|satime|satime.bmp|SatSync|

At first I asumed you meant to do this but now you have published the new icons for it why would you do this if you didn't mean them to be seen.
ScaredyCat
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim-Bob wrote:
It is ok now. I redownloaded and now works fine. mustav bin a bad file.

Ahh good.

Jim-Bob wrote:

Another thing I have noticed is satsync does not apear in the menu because the file named satime in SdkRegistry contains this:

That's because:

Quote:

Satsync should be a little more resiliant to dodgy data, it may take a little longer to sync the time, but it should cope better with bad packets. Note SatSync no longer exits after syncing, it remains in memory and will sync every 8 hours, there is no longer an icon to start it, it should be run from cleanup.txt

Jim-Bob wrote:

but now you have published the new icons for it why would you do this if you didn't mean them to be seen.

Because some people might want to run the old version.

SC
Jim-Bob
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that would be it. Should have read it properly first. Embarassed

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8

Jump to: