Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Where will the voice come from?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Where will the voice come from?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alex_0904
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Where will the voice come from? Reply with quote

hi there.
If i buy one of these bluetooth hands free units for my nokia 6630 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6414988017, will the ttm5 voice instructions still come out of the phone speaker or will they automatically go through this?
Many Thanks!
Roberto
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if the 6630 supports more than one Bluetooth paired device at a time. If it doesn't you will not be able to use a BT headset and your BT GPS at the same time Sad
alex_0904
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roberto wrote:
Not sure if the 6630 supports more than one Bluetooth paired device at a time. If it doesn't you will not be able to use a BT headset and your BT GPS at the same time Sad

ah yes thats true it doesnt, however i have heard there's a programme that will allow you to do it. anyone know where to find it?
alex_0904
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does no one know the answer to my question? Sad
dhevans_6
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at this thread, it may help?

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=23685
coolice
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

The 6630 does support two bluetooth connections at once. In this case a serial connection to the GPS receiver & an audio connection the the GPS.

What you do is pair both units in the Bluetooth menu as normal & select both to authorised, so connections take place automatically as the headset or GPS is turned on & in range of the phone.
Then what I do is turn on the headset first & allow it to pair up to the 6630, signalled by a beep in the headset.
Now turn on the GPS unit & allow it to warm up & acquire the satellites. Open TomTom & voila the GPS should be recognised, or may need pairing through TomTom if it's the first time it being used.

On my 6630 it works this way, I was worried it wouldn't and have a small app allowing two BT connections but it's not needed.

Ian
wayneywoo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I've got a Nokia CK-7W bluetooth carkit along with a Holux GPSlim236 Bluetooth receiver.

Get in car and start her up. Phone automatically pairs with car kit. Then turn receiver on and within a short moment, Tom Tom has paired with the receiver.

I've tried this in a number of ways and each time the phone automatically pairs with both the Bluetooth carkit and receiver.

Just manually pair them first and authorise them to make connections automatically.

Should work.

Regards
Wayne
laich71
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found that using bluetooth and nokia 7710 the speaker is activated only if phone generates sound and then after a while goes off (probably to save battery). as a result i was missing the first bit of the instruction as there is a delay.

I use nokia HF-3 wired handsfree and managed to tuck away the wire quite neatly and this much better.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: