Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Tom Tom Go 500 POI Safety Camera/Sound Alerts Problem :(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Tom Tom Go 500 POI Safety Camera/Sound Alerts Problem :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skloot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Tom Tom Go 500 POI Safety Camera/Sound Alerts Problem :( Reply with quote

Hi all,
I have a Tom Tom Go 500 which I have sucessfully changed the Sound Alerts from the default beeps and bells. I installed the Safety Camera single ovo file with no problems. I took the single file out and put in the separate files for mobile temp gatso etc hoping the Sound Alerts would match up to the type of camera I was approaching.
What I got was :
The same Sound alert for every camera(the one I had selected).
POI options only allow me to enable pocketgps_uk_temp and doesn't seem to show any of the other files in the list.

I hope this makes sense.
I am a newbie with this Sat Nav stuff!
And probably made a daft mistake.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Thanks scott.
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need the .ov2 and .bmp files from the "Speed Zoned" folder. Plus the specs, redlight and temp files from the ".ov2 .bmp" folder. Making a complete set of 17 .ov2 and 17 .bmp files in your map folder.

These will take up 17 of the available 27 points of interest categories that you can add yourself. If you have already added more than 10 other PoI categories (Shell garages, Tesco, MacDonalds and the like) you will not see any extra ones on the GO.

Once loaded, you need to assign the right voice to the right PoI category. there's a list of the right ones on the download site. Go to Preferences / Warn when near PoI/. Choose each PoI category in turn and set the sound and distance.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
skloot
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It all makes sense now :D

I have removed some POI's and the Safety Camera POI's and Sound Alerts are working.

Just got to make my Sony Ericsson K750i work with the Bluetooth now!!

Thanks again.
MikeDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Having recently loaded the camera database, I too am thinking of changing the warnings. However, reading through this forum, it seems that I need to hijack all the pre-set sounds to become customised camera warnings (at least I do for the speed zoned stuff).

Question - if at some point I want to add a warning for some other type of POI - e.g. petrol stations (if I'm low on fuel and don't want to crash by looking at the Go constantly for displayed POI's), how do I do this? I guess I get a 'camera warning' for the petrol station.

Not a big problem - just wondered what others do Question
DeeSee
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi MikeDJ,

There are plenty of options out there - If you have the time read the first thread in the PocketGPS TomTom forum.

Or you can just pick up Scaredycats POIpatcher

http://www.automated.it/ttg-poipatcher.html

and change the last PocketGPS entry (- Polite3 - Credits) for your POI warning sound.

Also check out Rayflan's site for his variants of the warning sounds

http://www.rayflanagan.co.uk/index.html

I have put a "Tadaa" sound in place of the credits that I use for all other POIs that I may want sounds for.

Remember that you need an Ogg file not a Wav - There is lots of info on how to create your own (or if you want my Tadaa then PM me your email address and I will send you the Ogg (or the whole data.chk (5244) with Tadaa in place of the credits if that's what you would prefer))
MikeDJ
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi DeeSee,

Thanks for the offer, but I think I'm in danger of getting in way over my level of expertise, and possibly available time to do all this.

I think what I'll do for now is load the speed annotated Gatso & Mobile bmp's (Pearce) and have one common warning sound from the standard set for all camera types/speeds. Then when it sounds, just a quick look at the screen to see what it is. Anyway, you're supposed to know the speed limit of the road you're driving on aren't you ?

Thanks anyway. After some experience of the above, I may be back Exclamation

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: