Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route Planning Stops
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route Planning Stops

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eyepacman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Route Planning Stops Reply with quote

When I try to plan some routes from A to B, the caculating route bar stops or even doesn't start calculating the route.

Navigator 2 won't even start calculating my route to work.

Any ideas please ?
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Route Planning Stops Reply with quote

This happens sometimes when either A or B are in private road zones or when TomTom cannot calculate a route between them. You may want to give an example of A and B and then some folks with UK maps can try and do the same route

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
eyepacman
Occasional Visitor

Quote: Originally posted by lbendlin on 05 June 2003This happens sometimes when either A or B are in private road zones or when TomTom cannot calculate a route between them. You may want to give an example of A and B and then some folks with UK maps can try and do the same route

I am not doing anything complicated...just a simple route.

Here is one someone else could try please.

Banbury, Oxford Road OX15 (any No.) TO Solihull, Solihull Parkway B37 (anywhere )

This route does not do anything, just hangs, as do most others.

Some routes it just crashes, after doing the route plan.

It just seems to not plan anything useful for me at all.

I have tried some local journeys that work fine.

I am using Ipaq 3660 128Mb CF GB Map full.

pello
Occasional Visitor

Just tested the route exactly as specified. No problem at all, route calculated in about 4 seconds.

Total distance 42.3 miles, duration 41:00. Using a 3870 with full GB map on a 128 SD card. A number of users have found fragmented storage or a re-load of the map after formatting the card has resolved similar problems.
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

I just tried your route on my setup (iPAQ 3970, 2.10 ROM, TomTom Navigator 2 2.05, full Great Britain map on a 'Made in Japan' 256MB Lexar SD card, program, GPS driver and voice files in main memory). It worked fine.

Have you got the program, GPS driver and voice files in main memory? If not, try to move them there. Make sure that you're using the latest 2.05 version of Navigator too - that can be got from the TomTom site here.

If you already have the latest version of Navigator and the program, GPS driver and voice files in main memory, my next suggestion is to delete the map data on your CF card and copy it there again from the CD in case it is corrupt.

If that still doesn't get you going, I suggest you try a different CF card - or, if that isn't possible, try a smaller map than the full GB map and see if that works any better.

By the way - your route is 42.3 miles, and has a total duration of 42:45 at the default speeds. It took about six seconds to plan the route, which is a lot less time than it took to look up the two addresses!

David
eyepacman
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the help.

I have tried all your recommendations, apart from another CF card, as I don't have another one.

I have all the latest updates installed V2.05 etc

Never had a problem with the original Navigator program.

But this V2 is causing me grief.

I may try and revert back to PPC2000 from PPC2002.

I have just emailed TomTom support also
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

Even though you haven't got another CF card, defragmenting your CF card may well help.

If you haven't a defragmentation tool (if you have a card reader, you may be able to use a defragmentation program on your PC), you could back up all its contents somewhere on your PC, reformat the card, then copy all the files back to the card.

If you haven't a format utility, just copy all the files to your PC, erase the card and copy them back to the card again!

If you want a memory card defragmentation and formatting utility for your iPAQ, you could investigate StorageTools.

I can't think TomTom support will come up with anything other than what we've already suggested - but good luck to you with that.

The only other thought that crosses my mind is that you may be well advised to not try using any add-in programs and delete any custom POI files for now - try to get things working without these added complexities first.

David
BlueBlood
Occasional Visitor

I just calculated your route successfully on

iPAQ 3660,

PPC2002,

TTN V2.02 and V2.05

Navman jacket,

SanDisk 256mb CF card with Benelux and UK maps on it

I did not navigate the route cos I am in the Netherlands at the mo

Good Luck
eyepacman
Occasional Visitor

Thanks BlueBlood, and others,

I think this may suggest a different CF Card may do the trick, as I have formatted my card several times.

My Dane Elec card has the Toshiba controller
eyepacman
Occasional Visitor

Finally got Nav 2 running on my original CF card.

I formatted the card to NTFS using my card reader.

Inserted CF card into my Ipaq, and accepted request to format the card.

Still didn't work properly.

Then reformatted CF card again in the Ipaq 3660 using Flash Format program, FAT16 2Kb clusters.

Re-installed the GB Map.

All works perfectly now, and I can plan all routes perfectly without crashing or stopping.

Success Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: