Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ipaq 3830 + INS
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ipaq 3830 + INS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:07 am    Post subject: Ipaq 3830 + INS Reply with quote

Please can someone help me, a few years ago Dixons etc were offering an Ipaq + Navman jacket GPS solution with pocket co-pilot and I have a Ipaq 3830.

I have bought TomTom vs 5.0 and installed it worksl fine, but after searching on this forum, cannot find out why the Ipaq Navigation System Jacket will not work with it, I choose NMEA device and see the navman GPS option, but tomtom keeps saying no valid GPS device.

I can see from other posts maybe I need a new driver for the Ipaq/Jacket, and would appreciate it if someone can give me some links, or maybe even tell me that it isnt compatible.

I have done a search for ages, but cannot find any links.

Cheers
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Re: Ipaq 3830 + INS Reply with quote

ronnyuk wrote:
Please can someone help me, a few years ago Dixons etc were offering an Ipaq + Navman jacket GPS solution with pocket co-pilot and I have a Ipaq 3830.

I have bought TomTom vs 5.0 and installed it worksl fine, but after searching on this forum, cannot find out why the Ipaq Navigation System Jacket will not work with it, I choose NMEA device and see the navman GPS option, but tomtom keeps saying no valid GPS device.

I can see from other posts maybe I need a new driver for the Ipaq/Jacket, and would appreciate it if someone can give me some links, or maybe even tell me that it isnt compatible.

I have done a search for ages, but cannot find any links.

Cheers

Update, I have had another search and installed Navman iPAQ 3.1.6 Serial Driver Upgrade, the selections i have on tomtom are GPS NAVMAN - COM3 - and loads of others like bluetooth and irda etc.

Choose GPS NAVMAN and it still doesnt pick up any sat's
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you hav a Compaq (or HP) iNS sleeve, you need this driver. It comes as a .cab file and needs to be copied across to the iPAQ and then run from there. Locate it using Explorer and 'tap' it.
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:
If you hav a Compaq (or HP) iNS sleeve, you need this driver. It comes as a .cab file and needs to be copied across to the iPAQ and then run from there. Locate it using Explorer and 'tap' it.

Thanks Tim will try it now Smile
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Buxton wrote:

I installed that driver from the Ipaq but I got a message "opscanBus Failed!"

Any advice?

Also I no longer can see the jacket in tomtom as I did before
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From Navman's website

"When I try to install my software, I get a ''Failed to load OptPackBus driver error'' message.

Content

Take the iPAQ out of the GPS sleeve. Soft reset the iPAQ and reboot your PC. Place the iPAQ into the cradle without the GPS sleeve, then re-install the software. "
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the help again, I have soft reset the ipaq, and then installed tomtom navigator, then reinstalled the cab file and it still says the error message, I have never updated the ipaq software, is that what they mean by reinstall? or are they talking about tomtom navigator?

Should I update my version of windows CE?

Thanks again
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant pocket pc 2002, soz
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm afraid I'm almost out of ideas. No, they meant the Navigation software, I'm sure. I don't think it's a Win CE problem - I have had TTN5 working on a PocketPC2002 device.

Try reloading the Navman serial driver and then take the iPAQ and sleeve outside. Which GPS device setting are you using, Other wired? Try different baud settings, too.
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all this help Tim, much appreciated Smile

Ok the latest, I can see the sat's now on the GPS option under windows, if I use NAVMAN 3000 com port 5

But I have no option for com port 5 within tomtom, I only have navman GPS option and a com port 3, but no com port 5, I can see this is the problem Smile

Any more advice
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm all out of ideas. Where's Lutz when you need him? Ill try to point him in this direction.
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim sorry to drag this up, but can you recommend a GPS jacket that will qork with this TOM TOM software for my IPAQ, I have been trying to get it working but cannot Sad it just will not find the correct com port.

Maybe I could get a GPS bluetooth device, can you let me know, or anyone else with info

Thqanks
Tim Buxton
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 3830 have bluetooth? Sorry, but to get guaranteed compatibility I guess you'd need a Tomtom GPS. They do a wired one as well as a BT, I think.
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i need to know is what I will need to run tomtom 5 on a Ipaq as mentioned above, I can't belive how hard it is to search the web to actually find the products needed, the ipaq does not have Bluetooth but surely there is some type of adapter that works with 3830. I have been trying to find out for ages now, and still i keep coming up with blanks.

Tomtom don't even say that the 3830 is an IPAQ it supports, if this is the case should I just send the product back and forget about it, I may just end up buying a TOMTOM GO 300 at this rate, it just seems stupid that I have a decent Ipaq with a gps jacket and cannot use it with other software.

The Ipaq came with Pocket PC gps which is prob the worst sat nav software I have ever seen, and i phoned Ipaq who said it costs nearly 200 quid to upgrade the latest version which I think is Version 3? this was approx 6 months after I purchased the damn thing Laughing Out Loud Smile

I would appriciate it if someone could take the time out to list the options I have, as I don't want to buy the wrong thing, and thoughtr people on this board might have done all this before.

Cheers
[/list]
ronnyuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For anyone who is interested I have fixed it, you need the driver from this page http://www.winpilot.com/Files/Navman313.exe

Just take the ipaq out of the navman/INS sleeve, reset the ipaq and put the ipaq on the usb craddle, then install the .exe from your pc, it will install on the ipaq and then put the INS sleeve back on.

run tom tom and choose other NMEA device, I selected 4600 baud, and it will find the sat's Smile

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: