Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Route Planner - Word of Warning!!!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Route Planner - Word of Warning!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zzr1200
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: Route Planner - Word of Warning!!! Reply with quote

Just come back from a weeks biking holiday in France and the Quest was superb. Spot on directions, all accomodation POI's were already in the main database and so handy for finding fuel stops!!!

One MAJOR scare though!!! Just drove off ferry, message was 'Acquring Satellites' which is quite normal but then nothing - it just froze on that screen. Not to worry, I did a reset, set the route planner off again and the same thing happened.

, just got to France, didn't bother buying any paper maps as I had 100% faith in the Quest and it dosn't work.

So, I went through this process several times, same thing happens.

I then decided to resat, as before, but then as soon as I turned it on, I went to the menu and hit the 'Stop Calculating button'. I then hit the 'Find' button and found my first stop off point. Quest worked fine!!! And continued to throught my holiday.

The only thing I can think of was the route I has planned was for A to B with 12 'Via' points. This route I think was too much for the processor to cope with and it just froze. As soon, as I didn't use the route planner option for navigation, it never missed a beat.

Oh yes, one other thing, that I discovered. I am sure it is the handbook but I didn't know about this feature before:

When I had a route in to go to point 'A', if I wanted to find a petrol station, I would normally hit the 'find' button, go to autofuel and it would find the nearest station for me, regardless of if it was on my route or not. However, by chance, I hit the 'find' button and instead of hitting Autofuel, I hit 'Menu'. It then gave me some options that I hadn't previously seen, one of which was 'Find along current route'. Much better.

Take Care

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: