Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Palm m515
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Palm m515

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andover_tabler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Palm m515 Reply with quote

Can anyone offer any general guidance.

I'm looking for a cost effective navigation solution for my Palm m515, to use both in the car and when walking round unfamiliar cities.

Am aware of the Navman and Magellan options, but don't know which one would be considered best, or there are others that could meet my objectives.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Nigel

mailto:nigel@andoverroundtable.org.uk

Nigel Baxendale

http://www.club18-45.org.uk
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: Palm m515 Reply with quote

Your options with the Palm are, I think, rather more limited than if you had a Pocket PC. TomTom have produced CityMaps and RoutePlanner for Palm OS - but there is no Palm OS version of Navigator.

Navigation is one application where the advantages of the Pocket PC (typically they have faster processors and more memory than Palms) often show.

I'm really not that familiar with the Palm - but my suggestion would be to investigate what software is available for your PDA, then worry about the extra hardware you need rather than the other way round.

I'd also encourage you to consider pricing up a solution based around a Dell Axim X5 (Advanced, ideally - the extra built-in memory will help with navigation software). Whilst I expect this to cost more than a solution based around your existing PDA, you'll get a new and more up-to-date PDA as well, though you won't be able to use your existing Palm OS software. That has to be considered when weighing options.

This site is predominantly about Pocket PCs and many of its users, including me, are Pocket PC users. However, there's a Palm forum you can look through, also I expect Palm OS GPS software development will be stimulated when the Garmin iQue machine launches!

The thread about Navman versus Magellan in the Palm forum wasn't exactly comprehensive.

David

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Beginners GPS Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: