Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - navman for europe and north america?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

navman for europe and north america?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bubble
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: navman for europe and north america? Reply with quote

why do navman sell different models for different continents? whats the difference?
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: navman for europe and north america? Reply with quote

The difference is usually just the maps.
Austrian
Occasional Visitor

as it happens I use a Navman 3000 and was told there are no maps for USA available with the exception of MS streets & trips 2003 including pocket streets. I was able to install it on my computer. The problem then was that only relatively small areas were possible to be transfered onto the Ipaq, a result of the (impressively) high detail of the maps. It was, however,not possible to load with lesser detail.

The real diappointment though was that I was unable to connect the maps to the GPS. I originally bought the Navman to be able to use it in rental cars and also,of course,in the USA.

What did I do wrongly? How can I combine GPS support with Streets & Trips? Is there a better solution, without having to spend loads of money?
Austrian
Occasional Visitor

Dave,

did you ever respond to my inquiry?

Really would like to find out if there are solutions to my problems.

Cheers
Dave
Frequent Visitor

I've never used Pocket Streets on a Pocket PC before with GPS, so I can't really answer your question. I do know that Pocket Streets is pretty aweful and it's something to avoid where possible. Your best bet would either be to find a street routing application that supports Austria, or use a moving map application and download topographical maps, like OziExplorer or Fugawi.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

Austrian,

The NavMan definatly does work with PocketStreets, I used it last year in LasVegas and Salt Lake City, in conjunction with RoutePlanner USA.

You are right about the small area that you can export in Streets and Trips. Not quite sure why that is as you can export far more in AutoRoute.

Dave is quite right in that the application is somewhat below the standard of the latest PDA routing apps, with one exception where it is better than anything on the market: Contact Integration, and Address location. Here it outshines any other apps by a long way.

If I remember correctly to use the GPS I actually had PocketStreets 2002 and needed a download from the Microsoft site to add GPS functionality. Streets and Trips 2003 actually includes PocketStreets 2002 not 2003. If you check tis page http://www.microsoft.com/pocketstreets/using/gps.htm the details of the update are listed. When this is loaded I believe that I had to configure the software for COM5, but I cannot remember exactly.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: