Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Trip Computer ?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Trip Computer ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that to have any chance of "getting off" you would need to prove to the court the accuracy of the device you are using to prove that you were doing the speed you say. You would also need to provide evidence just as the police would that on the day in question the device was working correctly.

Dont forget that if you decide to go to court rather than pay the fine you could end up paying a lot more, also depending on what the limit was you could get 3 points for every 10 miles above the limit. ie doing 70 in a 50 you would get 6 points.

You may find www.uk-driving-secrets.com useful.
mini1400
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would suggest that to have any chance of "getting off" you would need to prove to the court the accuracy of the device you are using to prove that you were doing the speed you say. You would also need to provide evidence just as the police would that on the day in question the device was working correctly.

The hardest part is getting any information from the police. I know the GPS coords from where their van was parked, but they won't tell me hw far away I was when they took my photo Sad

If they offer me a fixed penalty Ill just accept it, but any more than that I'll contest it....

Quote:
You may find www.uk-driving-secrets.com useful.

Looked at that, very usefull...
uk89camaro
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mini1400 wrote:

Anyway to get the log, go into the settings on the PDA (not in TOMTOM), select 'System', 'GPS' and there you can record the log. Next step is to start TOMTOM...

That works for me. Haven't yet taken the car out to examine any data. What sort of data appears in the log file, and in what format.
radavis
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you intended to contest tha case you would have the right to demand that the police/CPS disclose the evidence they have against you as they would have to in any in any other court case.

The downloadable book on sale at the site I mentioned has sample letters to send to police requesting that information. (I have no connection to the site just that I bought the book and being an ex-police officer I was interested in what it had to say).

Good Luck

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: