Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - how do i hack my medion md95900 mdpna200s
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

how do i hack my medion md95900 mdpna200s
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsychoJock
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the higher end Medions, but I have regularly tweaked and screwed up my 210T doing this. All I did before I started playing was to create a folder on my PC containing all the install files to put it back to a factory new state. If you then get it wrong, you just copy the folder to the relevant place and hard reset the device. It will then do an initial install routine - Presto!! All back to normal.
Hope this helps.
Laughing
sparkyuiop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trickyhicky wrote:
Hi,Just tried this on my medion MDPNA220 and it "sort of" works in that the device powers up to a medion background with the four shortcuts and the windows taskbar on it for less than a second then goes straight to the origional screen with the settings

the way I did it was like this. Browse to this folder '\My Flash Disk\navigation\multimedia\_mobilitysuite\AppPaths\AlarmClock' and you will find a file called '480X272' or at least that is what it is called on mine but I doubt it matters much. All it does is start the alarm clock software but we are going to make it start 'RegEdit.exe' instead for now.
Copy the '480X22' or whatever it is called to your computer (your desktop is best) and then go back over to the original file on the device and rename it to '480X272old' Basically your just adding 'old' to the end of the file name.
Double click the copied file on the desktop and Windows won't have a Scooby what it is so choose the option to 'Select a program from a list of installed programs' or just 'Choose program' depending on which version of Windows your using. Your looking for 'Notepad or Notepad.exe', if you cannot see it in the list then click 'Browse' and find it in 'C:\Windows\Notepad.exe'. If you see a box with a tick in it anywhere suggesting that Windows opens this type of file in future with the selected application then untick it for (gawds sake!) and then choose or double click 'Notepad or Notepad.exe'.
It is worth mentioning at this stage that if you intend to play around with this sort of stuff then you would be better off having 'Open with Notepad' in your right click menu as it saves going through that caper all the time. It's pretty simple to do, just follow instructions on this web page (http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/add-open-with-notepad-to-the-context-menu-for-all-files/) or easier still download the reg file supplied and double click to add the option.
Anyway you should now have the file open in Notepad and see a line of text saying something like '\My Flash Disk\navigation\multimedia\AlarmClock\480x272\alarmclock.exe'. Delete it and write this in it's place '\Windows\Startup\RegEdit.exe' and copy it back to your device. There should now be 2 files, '480X272old' (the original) and '480X272' (the one you just edited and copied back).
Now you can reset your satnav and when at the main menu select 'Alarm Clock' and it will start RegEdit instead! Then just continue to follow the instructions posted by the other kind chap.
In order to restore the alarm clock navigate back to '\My Flash Disk\navigation\multimedia\_mobilitysuite\AppPaths\AlarmClock' and delete '480X272' then rename '480X272old' back to '480X272'.
Hope this helps!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sparky, and welcome to the forum.
Nice concise reply, but did you realise that the previous post to yours was 2 1/2 years ago Very Happy
Still all good stuff and no doubt it will be of use to someone now you have resurected the post Very Happy .
sparkyuiop
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="M8TJT"]Hi Sparky, and welcome to the forum.
Nice concise reply, but did you realise that the previous post to yours was 2 1/2 years ago :grin:
Still all good stuff and no doubt it will be of use to someone now you have resurected the post :grin: .[/quot]

Thanks!

I just got mine and all I really wanted to do was to get the Windows CE desktop to load but I can't stop it from re-loading the 'ST.exe' crap on reboot and asking for an SD card to update it!
If anyone knows how to stop it loading the GoPal (sounds like a tin of dog food!) software I'd be pleased to know.
I had it running Automapia perfectly but it still tris to reboot with the original software the next time I turn it on. I tried the regedit files and the start taskbar thing and it just aint playing chess wid me!
Cheers

Phill.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: