Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Saftey Camera speed notification error
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Saftey Camera speed notification error

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Freebird
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:36 am    Post subject: Saftey Camera speed notification error Reply with quote

Have just purchased the TomTom GO 300, I have downloaded the speed zone bmp files and the new data files for voice notification, all works well but for one exception, I have a camera not 300yrds from my home and it's telling me it's 20mph via graphics not voice when I know for a fact it's 30mph, is there anyway of correcting this, either by finding the LON/LAT of this camera and editing the bmp file or notifying someone so the file/files can be updated via the server?

Apart from this little error I am totally happy with this console. I have also activated the Tom Tom Plus services, they look very handy. Have no idea how reliable these are, especially the Travel option. I also noticed that a charge may be incured from the service provider for using the network, has anyone used these services, if so could you give me an indication on the average cost of using them. BTW I am on Orange network.

TIA
rkm_hm
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Saftey Camera speed notification error Reply with quote

Freebird wrote:
Have just purchased the TomTom GO 300, I have downloaded the speed zone bmp files and the new data files for voice notification, all works well but for one exception, I have a camera not 300yrds from my home and it's telling me it's 20mph via graphics not voice when I know for a fact it's 30mph, is there anyway of correcting this, either by finding the LON/LAT of this camera and editing the bmp file or notifying someone so the file/files can be updated via the server?

Send an email to Cameras@PocketGPSWorld.com with the camera ID and the correct speed rating.

If you want to correct it on your TTG prior to when it gets updated in a subsequent release, you'll need to edit the .ov2 (not .bmp) files. You will have to download one of the free POI conversion programs, convert the 20 and 30 mph files to text, remove the offending camera from the 20 file, insert it into the 30 file and then convert them both back to .ov2's

But bear in mind that your modified files will get over-written when you install next month's updates - which may or may not contain any corrections which you submit.

The way I handle extra cameras (as opposed to corrections to existing ones) is to have my own POI category containing My Cameras. I also submit these to PocketGPSWorld and - as soon as they appear in a new release - I delete them from my file. That way, mine don't get accidentally over-written.

Satmap Active 10+ v1.50 with full UK 1:50k map and 1:25k/1:10k County maps of Hampshire & Warwickshire
Freebird
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply.

I have notified cameras@Pocket GPS via email with the relevent information regarding the 2x cameras so hopefully they will be corrected and available in next months updates.

Just about to attempt your suggestion and set up my own POI category for my cameras.

Thanks again.

Regards

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: